This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL25 Rush AJo OOP

• jozata
      jozata
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BB:
      $19.70
      MP2 (Hero):
      $32.36
      MP3:
      $25.35
      CO:
      $27.00
      BU:
      $43.98
      SB:
      $12.41

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A, J.
      Hero raises to $1.00, 3 folds, SB calls $0.90, BB folds.

Flop: ($2.25) 5, 8, 6 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($2.25) J (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.60, SB raises to $4.30, Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $3.85.

Villain-unknown.Should I be calling his turn raise and how do I respond on various rivers?
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      you either have to decide if you´re going to play for stacks or not, since he is only half stack
      If you´re really playing a lot of rush, I´d suggest investing to holdem manager that you don´t have to play against unknowns
      I´d likely shove turn, since our hand is very strong, he can c/r there worse hands, like pair+draw or bluffs and we´re barreling turn quite often, so we should protect our turn betting range
    • jozata
      jozata
      Bronze
      Well I know I need a holdem manager but for that I also need a pc upgrade cause it's too slow and hm will even make things worse.I had almost gathered the money for both when I had a massive downswing,had to go back to NL25 and now I am back to square one... :f_mad:
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jozata
      Well I know I need a holdem manager but for that I also need a pc upgrade cause it's too slow and hm will even make things worse.I had almost gathered the money for both when I had a massive downswing,had to go back to NL25 and now I am back to square one... :f_mad:
      yeah, rush can cause massive swings.
      Maybe you should consider playing regular tables where you´re playing against the same regulars or another option would be become quite nitty pre-flop, since you can´t really know against which players you can steal pf and who would 3-bet you a lot with very wide range