This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] [NL10] PF steal - cbet?

• LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      One guy posted+limped so it seemed like a nice spot to steal the pot.

Limpers fold as planned, now an unknown cold calls me and I have no equity...

Is this good PF v unknowns and do I just give up here?

Is it still a cbet with like 2 overs+like backdoor nutfd?

Poker Stars $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 1219644
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BB: $5.40
      UTG: $9.62
      CO: $8.00
      Hero (BTN): $12.75
      SB: $7.30

CO posts a big blind ($0.10)

Pre Flop: ($0.25) Hero is BTN with 8 :diamond: Q :heart:
      UTG calls $0.10, CO checks, Hero raises to $0.40, 1 fold, BB calls $0.30, 2 folds

Flop: ($1.05) 9 :club: 4 :club: 2 :heart: (2 players)
      BB checks

Final Pot: $1.05
  • 6 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello LemOn36,

now an unknown cold calls me and I have no equity...

What equity don't you have? You still can hit a lot. Although I am not really a big fan of isolating with such a hand vs stations.

Rather just give it up if you have loose blinds.

Only way to win the hand if you played it that aggressive preflop. And it's not nutfd, it's just standard backdoor flushdraw.

Best regards.
    • phantommm92
      phantommm92
      Bronze
      1.good position to steal the pot, tho i would make it .5-.55 preflop, and on this flop i would take 1 stab and be done with it

as played, i would bet about .6-hes ussually folding out most Ax, Kx,Qx, where x isnt 9 or 4, maybe even 33,55,66+sometimes you might even get called by worse like 87s;JTs;67s;56s

and if the turn is a Q, i bet for value, then evaluate river
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello LemOn36,

now an unknown cold calls me and I have no equity...

What equity don't you have? You still can hit a lot. Although I am not really a big fan of isolating with such a hand vs stations.

Rather just give it up if you have loose blinds.

Only way to win the hand if you played it that aggressive preflop. And it's not nutfd, it's just standard backdoor flushdraw.

Best regards.
      1) I mean equity postflop... besides the 2 Qs w/o a club there are no turns I really like
      2) I didn't know they were lose...they were unknown... Are you happy to steal here with regs in blinds? What size would you make it?
      3) Well I know its the only way to win it now, but is it +EV? to cbet? I want to win money not pots and this flop is terrible for me
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Well I know its the only way to win it now, but is it +EV? to cbet?

Since you didn't tell anything about the opponent and yes, likely it's profitable to CBet there unless he is a station who doesn't give up at all.

And by the way, keep going with the posts and of course good work! We still have a lot to fix in your play. Meanwhile good luck on tables!
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by veriz
      Well I know its the only way to win it now, but is it +EV? to cbet?

Since you didn't tell anything about the opponent and yes, likely it's profitable to CBet there unless he is a station who doesn't give up at all.

And by the way, keep going with the posts and of course good work! We still have a lot to fix in your play. Meanwhile good luck on tables!
      Yeah I know that...my basic game vs unknowns is a complete disaster, its so hard to play without any information for me :)

Should my standard to be to cbet majority of low flops vs total unknowns that are unlikely to think on a high level, and then adjust if they don't fold to a couple of them?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Should my standard to be to cbet majority of low flops vs total unknowns that are unlikely to think on a high level, and then adjust if they don't fold to a couple of them?

Yes, likely. Most of the time rather CBet then Check/Call or anything like that. Just post the hands and we can discuss about them in future. :)