Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $5,14
      CO:
      $6,43

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.96 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:heart: , 9:heart:
      3 folds, CO calls $0,05, 2 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0,12) A:diamond: , 9:diamond: , 3:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,09, CO folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0,12

Preflop: Since he openlimps from CO I think his range is weaker then A9s, so I was thinking of raising, but as you see I'm on NL5 again, either a downswing or my bad play continues, so I decided not to isolate in marginal spots when I'm OOP. What do you think about this spot?
  • 4 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      If you don´t feel comfortable playing big pot with A9s, then check pf is also fine. Although likely I´d isolate still limper and some boards consider just c/f
      Postflop is fine, although since players may sometimes take stabs on Axx boards, you can also go to c/r
    • Oly0909
      Oly0909
      Silver
      But I don't know how he plays postflop in unraised pots and I certanly don't want him to check behind and then to see another dimond on turn. Don't you think beting is better because of this?
    • diversfx
      diversfx
      Silver
      I might bet around .06 here to make it look like a flush draw or under pr.might get him to bluff or chase.You can rep the flush on the turn or even get a 3bet out of them on the flop. Just some thoughts
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      But I don't know how he plays postflop in unraised pots and I certanly don't want him to check behind and then to see another dimond on turn. Don't you think beting is better because of this?

Isolating and Checking and playing in smaller pots is totally fine. And yes, I'd as well rather CBet there since we are rather against unknown and just try to protect and might even get called there.