Stack
      SB:
      $5,91
      Hero:
      $5,76
      MP1:
      $5

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.96 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:diamond: , 9:diamond: . MP1 posts a blind of $0,05.
      UTG2 folds, MP1 checks, 4 folds, SB calls $0,03, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0,15) K:spade: , 6:spade: , 5:club: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, MP1 checks.

Turn: ($0,15) 9:club: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0,12, 2 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0,15

Against poster I'm raising here allways, but since SB joined I decided to see a free flop.
      Since nobody bet K I expect I could be good with 9 and want to bet big because someone could be on a draw.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Oly0909,

While hitting the 9 on turn, you can easily bet there for value even. Nice hand!

Best regards.
    • Oly0909
      Oly0909
      Silver
      I don't quite understand this spot. I think we're often in front with 2nd pair TK when flop is checked through. We don't have much of a sample size of MP1 but he looks like he could call us even with 5x or 6x, but even if not, there are 2 FDs, so they could call us as well, and of course worse 9 just hit and (again, since flop is checked) that could be enough for them to call. I thought it's clear value bet, and now I don't understand where I went wrong with my thought process?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Oly0909
      I don't quite understand this spot. I think we're often in front with 2nd pair TK when flop is checked through. We don't have much of a sample size of MP1 but he looks like he could call us even with 5x or 6x, but even if not, there are 2 FDs, so they could call us as well, and of course worse 9 just hit and (again, since flop is checked) that could be enough for them to call. I thought it's clear value bet, and now I don't understand where I went wrong with my thought process?
      Somehow I managed to not see that you hit the 9x there. :D Yes, betting is totally fine there!