[NL2-NL10] NL10 6max Rush, AQ tptk in 3way pot

• Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Villain: 42/0/1.6 during 39 hands. WSD/W$SD 33/20, very weak station.
      No info about shorty.

Full Tilt Poker $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1219917
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

CO: $17.27
      Hero (BTN): $12.05
      SB: $2.01
      BB: $10.06
      UTG: $10.66
      MP: $9.35

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BTN with Q:spade: A:heart:
      UTG raises to $0.35, MP calls $0.35, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.35, SB calls $0.30, 1 fold

Flop: ($1.50) T:club: Q:club: T:spade: (4 players)
      SB bets $1.66 all in, UTG folds, MP calls $1.66, Hero calls $1.66

Turn: ($6.48) 2:heart: (3 players - 1 is all in)
      MP checks, Hero checks

River: ($6.48) 4:heart: (3 players - 1 is all in)
      MP checks, Hero bets $4, MP raises to $7.34 all in, Hero calls $3.34

Was my value bet on the river correct, or rather just check it behind?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Bliausmas,

Rather make the bet smaller there like $3 or something similar and then you as well have room for a fold. When he shoves there you will be more often behind rather than win a hand.

Best regards.
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Well the shove came really unexpected (deuces full :f_biggrin: ), but I guess check behind wouldn't be a good option, because most of the time we'd just lose value by checking?

Anyways, many thanks for a help with those very tricky situations. Yesterday evening I spent a couple of hours analyzing what hands cause the most problems, and the big winner was AQ, with AJ taking the second place :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Bliausmas
      Well the shove came really unexpected (deuces full :f_biggrin: ), but I guess check behind wouldn't be a good option, because most of the time we'd just lose value by checking?

Anyways, many thanks for a help with those very tricky situations. Yesterday evening I spent a couple of hours analyzing what hands cause the most problems, and the big winner was AQ, with AJ taking the second place :)
      Nah, I guess I am still throwing a bet on river for value but likely smaller one to have room for a easy fold.

And yes, AQ/AJ are rather hard hands to play. They are often overplayed as TPTK or whatsoever.