• 22 replies
    • Yoshimitsu77
      Yoshimitsu77
      Bronze
      i could
    • joecar
      joecar
      Silver
      limp call OOP, check a drawy board and slow plays etc etc river doesnt matter b/c of post flop pre flop
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Silver
      Originally posted by joecar
      limp call OOP, check a drawy board and slow plays etc etc river doesnt matter b/c of post flop pre flop
      regardless of how he plays it it will have the same out come i think the button played it nice
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Well I don't know if you could dodge the stackoff here, but:

1. Limp/call preflop - fatal mistake. Raise yourself, get a reraise, fold. That's how this hand should have gone. However, if you limped - you wanted to see a cheap flop. You got a raise - fold now.

2. But anyway, you hit basically one of the two types of flop you could dream about - TTX (while another one is KQJ, desirable rainbow). However, the flop is kinda draw heavy - 97, J9, or any 2 diamonds can make a draw, and since you limp/called preflop you have more shadowy guess about your opponents' preflop range. So you must raise here and protect agains possible draws. Check/raise would be just fine.

3. Well not the worst card you wanted to see. As played i would like to check/raise at least now. But of course betting yourself is not bad option. But why you bet that little? Anything will call you, and the opponent has correct odds to call with any draw. I'd bet at least t1300.

4. And wtf is this bet? You will get raised when betting that little from a very wide range, both from monsters and busted draws and another type of air. And then you won't be able to tell if your hand is good. Bet at least t2000.
      And about shoving or even folding at this spot - it depends extremely on your reads about your opponent, is he nit or LAG, is he capable of bluffing like this or overrating his straight or flush, or even lower trips? But as long as you played 3 streets crappy, it doesn't really look that you even give a fuck about this "reads" thingy...
    • YinYangS
      YinYangS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Bliausmas

1. Limp/call preflop - fatal mistake. Raise yourself, get a reraise, fold. That's how this hand should have gone. However, if you limped - you wanted to see a cheap flop. You got a raise - fold now.
      Agree, If you want to enter a pot first especially when there are antes already, raise! If you notice, most people who limp has a negative profit.

So raise with AT, if you get reraised, fold. Easy as that. Chow.
    • steliosvol
      steliosvol
      Bronze
      it was obvious i want him all in thats why i make the donk bet on the turn,the outs for A on the river was onlly 1 about 2-3%,i was hoping for a diamond on river to hit (button)the flush..i was expect A :diamond: -K :diamond: from him that s why the slow play(give him pot odds),i believe i trap him very good...mabe litle greedy but... :D
      The good thing is that kind of looses make me stronger :)
      do you fold with full house on flush board?what was the odds for him to hold AA? X(
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      easy fold, villain had AA
    • TiciBoy
      TiciBoy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by steliosvol
      it was obvious i want him all in thats why i make the donk bet on the turn,the outs for A on the river was onlly 1 about 2-3%,i was hoping for a diamond on river to hit (button)the flush..i was expect A :diamond: -K :diamond: from him that s why the slow play(give him pot odds),i believe i trap him very good...mabe litle greedy but... :D
      do you fold with full house on flush board?what was the odds for him to hold AA? X(
      U don't quite get what people here were trying to tell you, right? :f_mad: Your preflop play was horrible.
    • BigOVERBET
      BigOVERBET
      Bronze
      solution: never limp
    • Jafreiteris
      Jafreiteris
      Bronze
      Poker is still a gambling, expect those things will happen again and again.
    • steliosvol
      steliosvol
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TiciBoy
      U don't quite get what people here were trying to tell you, right? :f_mad: Your preflop play was horrible.
      why it was horrible?i see a cheep flop against stronger hand!!!(no position)any way after the flop you fold tis board?
    • makrelion
      makrelion
      Bronze
      why it was horrible?i see a cheep flop against stronger hand!!!(no position)any way after the flop you fold tis board?
    • Razcat
      Razcat
      Bronze
      Well - what can one say... basically is a classic cooler. In my opinion - there are two ways this hand could have led to a different result

1 - instead of limping - hero could have raised himself - got re raised (or not - depending on the bu's style, the type of players in blinds - etc)

2 - the bu's call on the turn is a key event in this hand - his ranging of the hero was probably a small pocket or on a flush draw; straight draws are not possible, except 99 of course, since Q9 and KQo are highly unlikely to have called the bet on the flop. So he probably thought of pocket pair lower than 88, KQ diamond suit or 99. My point is this is a point where if the Bu chose to re raise heor's bet, he probably would have been faced with a all in from hero and might have folded
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Yeah, I was about to write him another post, but whatever.. If a guy manages to fuck up n times in one hand and then whines about a bad beat even after his hand being analyzed from A to Z - well that says pretty much everything. Good luck becoming stronger that way, steliosvol :f_biggrin:
    • TiciBoy
      TiciBoy
      Bronze
      It's not about the flop. Thing is you fucked up (if played correctly you would fold preflop) so you have no right to complain about a bad beat... You should learn something from that, stop whining.

@Bliausmas: Totally agree. Maybe some day he will undertand what we want to tell him...
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BigOVERBET
      solution: never limp
      never say never, but open limp is totally wrong in 99,9% of the cases (as in this case).

but yeah simply stop limping is the easiest solution :f_biggrin:

T.
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      people give u good advice and u just say against them eventhought u have no clue how to play poker :f_mad:
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Hey, I have more brotips for the OP:
      1. Play more out of position - you will get paid for that, because people never fold while being in position.
      2. Play all likely dominated hands, like AX, especially if they are suited. You will hit trips or two pair very often, so you will get paid for that.
      3. Play all suited hands, no exception. Your probability of hitting the flush is 1/2 - either you hit it, or not, so it's definitely worth a shot everytime.
      4. Slowplay as much as possible, especially on draw heavy boards. Like if you hit a set or trips, and you check down all the way, and if the river comes 4th diamond on the board - now it's time to shove or even check/shove.
      Any more brotips from other bros?
    • joecar
      joecar
      Silver
      Hey, I have more brotips for the OP:
      1. Play more out of position - you will get paid for that, because people never fold while being in position.
      2. Play all likely dominated hands, like AX, especially if they are suited. You will hit trips or two pair very often, so you will get paid for that.
      3. Play all suited hands, no exception. Your probability of hitting the flush is 1/2 - either you hit it, or not, so it's definitely worth a shot everytime.
      4. Slowplay as much as possible, especially on draw heavy boards. Like if you hit a set or trips, and you check down all the way, and if the river comes 4th diamond on the board - now it's time to shove or even check/shove.
      Any more brotips from other bros?
      5. And have fun at 2.2 Tournaments forever