[NL2-NL10] 32s from SB. NL2 SH

• terpesheva
      terpesheva
      Bronze
      Hi again.
      Another horrible hand to evaluate=)

Defending BB from a loose fish. Decided to play this hand because the opponent was loose and I had position post flop which was good for this sort of hand.

My line of thought was that on the flop I'm ahead of opponent's range plus I've got a backdoor flush. Opponent contibets 60% f the time so a raise should have brought him down.

Turn brought a good card for me to continue aggression - flush draw plus folding equity.
      Unfortunately the opponent shoved and I decided to call. I gues this was a weak call although considering villain's range I'm not 100% sure=)

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $2
      Hero:
      $3.47

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.98 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3:diamond: , 2:diamond:
      4 folds, SB raises to $0.08, Hero calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.16) Q:heart: , Q:diamond: , 2:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.12, Hero raises to $0.38, SB calls $0.26.

Turn: ($0.92) A:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.5, SB raises to $1.54 (All-In), Hero calls $1.04.

River: ($4.00) 7:diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.00

Results follow (highlight to see):
      SB shows (5h 5d)
      Hero shows a flush, ace high (3d 2d)

Hero wins with a flush, ace high (3d 2d)
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello terpesheva,

Preflop: Pretty horrible hand to play with and as well defend against that kind of station against who we don't have much fold equity anyways. And not much we can anyway hit, even if we hit a pair, we will never know where we stand with it. Therefore fold it.

As played
      Postflop: After he Called our raise on flop then I am rather just Checking behind on turn and taking a free card but as played I am Bet/Folding there.

Best regards.