Feedback Thread: AK and QQ at the Low Limits

• 5 replies
    • phathustler
      phathustler
      Bronze
      I recently started doing a bunch of quizzes once I found where the list of all the past ones was, which took surprisingly long (maybe changing "Articles" to "Articles & Quizzes", or adding a "Quizzes" link there that puts you to the bottom of the page would get more people there). I've noticed other people mention in some of these threads that they didn't know where the quizzes were (bottom of the articles page under Strategy).

Anyway, I think they're great. In general I like the quizzes more than the articles, and again I like this one. I have a general complaint however that sometimes the answers are very terse and just say something like "_____ is clearly not an option", or "_____ is the obvious choice" for some of the possible answers. While these statements are true almost every time and the answer should be clear if you've understood the corresponding articles, it seems kind of silly to have explanations like that on the quiz and I never like seeing them. If you've provided that choice as a possible answer and bothering to address it at all, you're expecting at least a few people to choose it. If you expect some people to need to think about it to rule it out or think some people will choose it, you must also think there is some subtlety involved?

[removed bunch of irrelevant stuff ]
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Uhm.. CO is out of the pot in this question :f_biggrin:
    • phathustler
      phathustler
      Bronze
      Whoops, aaaand picky point still stands!
    • NatRPheM
      NatRPheM
      Bronze
      You scored 44 out of 48 points possible. This corresponds to 92 % !

I was just abit of on my thinking in the question 13 where I thought calling could be good since it may look weak enough for the maniac to go for a light 4bet squeeze/4bet shove.
    • SilverSag
      SilverSag
      Bronze
      This is a very good quiz, yet it made me smile, because there are so many close calls... 2/3 points all the time... you can't really do bad in this quiz :f_biggrin:

I did 96% and yet I think I suck with AK and QQ... oh, well... maybe it will give me some confidence :f_biggrin:

I do have one objection, though:

I have done about 170K hands in NL10 in 3 different poker rooms and limp/raise or limp/push line from UTG with big stack means only one thing - pocket AA!!!

...unless it's a total donkey or maniac, ofc. In your case it is marked as calling station, so I would give him nothing less than KK+ (AA in 90% of cases).