What's the most profitable site?

• theosis
      theosis
      Bronze
      Greetings fellow gamblers

So after exploring and researching, about 3 months ago I joined bwin poker, thinking it would have softer competition and hence give my bankroll a boost. However, after playing there for quite a while, I find that players are actually pretty decent at the mid stakes (NL100, NL200) HU tables.

So I've decided I need a change. Can anyone suggest a profitable poker room with really soft competition? Perhaps from personal experience?
  • 37 replies
    • intercect
      intercect
      Bronze
      I would recommend 888poker. That site has so much fish, it's sick.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Just play on many rooms at same time if you only wanna play fish hu
    • fuzzyfish
      fuzzyfish
      Bronze
      Originally posted by intercect
      Plus it has a very generous VIP scheme. If you rake $1000 a month (for example) you'll have Gold status and get...

9% cashback!

And it gets better. You can earn up to 36% cashback. For that, all you have to do is rake $150 000 a year.

So what's it gonna be?
    • theosis
      theosis
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fuzzyfish
      Originally posted by intercect
      Plus it has a very generous VIP scheme. If you rake $1000 a month (for example) you'll have Gold status and get...

9% cashback!

And it gets better. You can earn up to 36% cashback. For that, all you have to do is rake $150 000 a year.

So what's it gonna be?
      This sounds fantastic. But I'm not sure I'll be able to rake $150k a year playing the mid stakes. But none the less, I'm going to give 888 a try. Thanks gents.
    • fuzzyfish
      fuzzyfish
      Bronze
      Originally posted by theosis
      This sounds fantastic. But I'm not sure I'll be able to rake $150k a year playing the mid stakes. But none the less, I'm going to give 888 a try. Thanks gents.
      Mid-stakes are for losers. Move up where they respect your raises.
    • theosis
      theosis
      Bronze
      [ Move up where they respect your raises.[/quote]I wish I could, but my roll took a 6 BI hit and I'm sitting on a $3k roll. Don't feel comfortable playing above NL200. I'll get there though. I'm going to change from HU to short handed games for a few months.
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
      This. Spread your roll
    • theosis
      theosis
      Bronze
      Originally posted by LemOn36
      This. Spread your roll
      Spreading a bankroll, imo is the worst thing one can do. How can you feel safe having 1/10th of your roll and playing your home limits? For example your whole roll is $5000 and you play NL200. Then you spread it across 10 sites and you sit with $500 on each site. That's 2.5 BI's ???
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      For example your whole roll is $5000 and you play NL200.
      [ ] Basic understanding of BRM
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      This. Spread your roll
      Spreading a bankroll, imo is the worst thing one can do. How can you feel safe having 1/10th of your roll and playing your home limits? For example your whole roll is $5000 and you play NL200. Then you spread it across 10 sites and you sit with $500 on each site. That's 2.5 BI's ???
      ...but you still have 5k br
    • theosis
      theosis
      Bronze
      This. Spread your roll
      What happens when you lose your 2.5 BI's on any particular site due to the inevitable bad beats? Then it's game over for that site. Just doesn't seem feasible to me.
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      This. Spread your roll
      What happens when you lose your 2.5 BI's on any particular site due to the inevitable bad beats? Then it's game over for that site. Just doesn't seem feasible to me.
      i agree, its like indirectly not BRM
    • fuzzyfish
      fuzzyfish
      Bronze
      This. Spread your roll
      1. I don't think 25 BI bankroll is sufficient for HU. You should have at least 50 BI.

2. You don't have to use 10 different sites, 5 for example should be enough.

3. If you begin to run out of money on one site due to bad luck, you just take some money from another account where you have sufficient funds and transfer it to the site where you're running bad.

Simple as that.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Do you really think that having 5k spread all over the sites will increase the chances of busting your br? :f_biggrin: Use your head goddamit, when it will be more likely to bust a 5k br, when you have a 5k br or... when you have a 5k br? O_o And ye, so what, you bust one account, still have 9 to play and 9 > 1 AFAIK.

FWIW most high stakes players must be complete degens for not having more than few bi on their accounts. :f_biggrin:
    • theosis
      theosis
      Bronze
      Do you really think that having 5k spread all over the sites will increase the chances of busting your br? :f_biggrin: Use your head goddamit, when it will be more likely to bust a 5k br, when you have a 5k br or... when you have a 5k br? O_o And ye, so what, you bust one account, still have 9 to play and 9 > 1 AFAIK.

FWIW most high stakes players must be complete degens for not having more than few bi on their accounts. :f_biggrin:
      First of all, relax pal. I'm not here to fight with you. Secondly, I'm sure your splitting of bankroll method works, but I personally prefer to "feel" safe when I play. Sure I will have my whole roll on one site, but I am disciplined enough to stop when things are going completely wrong. I just think I would bust on all 10 sites eventually with so few BI's. That's all. I appreciate your opinion though.
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold

First of all, relax pal. I'm not here to fight with you. Secondly, I'm sure your splitting of bankroll method works, but I personally prefer to "feel" safe when I play. Sure I will have my whole roll on one site, but I am disciplined enough to stop when things are going completely wrong. I just think I would bust on all 10 sites eventually with so few BI's. That's all. I appreciate your opinion though.
      well it still doesn't make sense :)
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      I'm completely calm, in fact I mostly smile when I write my posts (even now). Kinda retarded but I like smiling. :f_biggrin:

Whatever, if what I said doesn't make sense to you it probably never will.
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      Like a shopkeeper only wanting to spend his budget on one kind of grocery for his shop because that way he can be sure not to run out of it.
      If he bought a little of this and a little of that ofc he could be targetting a much wider group of buyers, but what if he ran out of one of the things????
      That would be horrible, so ofcouse he will only sell one item. Crackers.

??????????
    • theosis
      theosis
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ihufa
      Like a shopkeeper only wanting to spend his budget on one kind of grocery for his shop because that way he can be sure not to run out of it.
      If he bought a little of this and a little of that ofc he could be targetting a much wider group of buyers, but what if he ran out of one of the things????
      That would be horrible, so ofcouse he will only sell one item. Crackers.

??????????
      I didn't get this analogy the first 4 times I read it, but it actually makes sense to me now. LOL!