[NL2-NL10] 2NL FR - KK in 3-bet pot

• philhellmutt
      philhellmutt
      Bronze
      I kinda regretted folding this, as I 3-bet PF. Would you go broke here after putting in almost 1/3 stack?

Not many hands on opponent, as he only just arrived and bought in at 200BB... I've had trouble in spots like this before, as I'm quite sure villains have me crushed in this situation. I've lost buy-ins when calling or raising all-in on paired boards like this, and villains usually have what they represent in 2NL.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Replayer
      SB ($2)
      BB ($2.78)
      UTG ($3.71)
      UTG+1 ($2.03)
      Hero ($2.00)
      MP1 ($8.45)
      MP2 ($4.28)
      CO ($4)
      BTN ($1.75)

Dealt to Hero K:spade: K:diamond:

UTG raises to $0.06, fold, Hero raises to $0.20, fold, fold, CO calls $0.20, fold, fold, fold, UTG calls $0.14

FLOP ($0.63) 4:club: J:club: J:spade:

UTG checks, Hero bets $0.42, CO raises to $1, UTG folds, Hero folds

CO wins $1.38
  • 6 replies
    • kevvu
      kevvu
      Bronze
      Hey,
      I would still call on flop. They won´t always raise Jx on the flop and actually there aren´t many Jx on his range, when he is somewhat decent. So i like to call and revaluate on turn.
    • philhellmutt
      philhellmutt
      Bronze
      Interesting...

I guess my biggest concern with calling is that 60% of the stack will be in the pot. It would be very hard to get away once over 1/2 the stack is committed?

Appreciate the reply by the way.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello philhellmutt,

He could easily have there a lot weaker PPs as well which he is taking this line with. Usually when they do have a Jx here they often are willing to slowplay it there. Therefore I am going broke in 3bet pot here while they are just able to go broke here as well with a lot worse, by that I mean Call the flop and likely ship the turn or something similar.

Best regards.
    • philhellmutt
      philhellmutt
      Bronze
      Thanks for the answers guys...

One other question I have is if the flop had an Ace, would it be best to play cautiosly...

I guess my plan when 3-betting KK is to go broke on most non-Ace flops, as lots of players in micros tend to call 3-bets with any Ace below AK, suited or not....
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      One other question I have is if the flop had an Ace, would it be best to play cautiosly...

Yeah, you might even consider Checking there and not betting at all into multiway pot since it will be hard to Call for them anyways with a lot worse.
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      This is easy stack off, he will do this with most pairs