Changing game type.

• Saruniks
      Saruniks
      Bronze
      So yeah, when you start playing poker, you play FR, let's say NL2. Then when you feel more comfortable preflop and postflop, you can change to SH, I don't know, NL2-NL10.
      I started at FR NL2 and now I play SH NL10.
      What's next?
      Yeah I know next is heads up, when should we move to that? or never?
      I don't know anything about that, could you explain me? Is this personal or there are time when you should really move heads up?

I am not saying that I am going to play heads up, but what is everything about?
  • 5 replies
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      It's all personal man, you don't have to move to anything if you don't want to. I'm actually still at FR on NL50, and will probably stick with FR until there are too few tables at my limits to exclusively play FR.
    • MarianDragos
      MarianDragos
      Bronze
      Sory but somone can tell me the meaning of al shorcut an abreviations like

What is NL 10 NL2 FR and more sry fore question but i prefer to ask and be considered a noob than to look like a retard and try to guess what u are talking about

Maybe is a thread where all those shorcut are explained
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MarianDragos

What is NL 10 NL2 FR and more sry fore question but i prefer to ask and be considered a noob than to look like a retard and try to guess what u are talking about

NL = No Limit (implies Texas No limit Holdem)
      10 = just means its 10 cent big blind. so $0,05/$0,10 (so nl 100 = $0,50/$1)
      FR = full ring = 9 player cash tables
      SH = short handed = 6 player cash tables

And Wriggers is right. FR to SH is not some kind of upgrade.. just a different type of game. Just a matter of preference really. But the action dies out at FR at higher stakes..
    • Saruniks
      Saruniks
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Hahaownedlolz
      Originally posted by MarianDragos

NL = No Limit (implies Texas No limit Holdem)
      10 = just means its 10 cent big blind. so $0,05/$0,10 (so nl 100 = $0,50/$1)
      FR = full ring = 9 player cash tables
      SH = short handed = 6 player cash tables

And Wriggers is right. FR to SH is not some kind of upgrade.. just a different type of game. Just a matter of preference really. But the action dies out at FR at higher stakes..

yeah, so it is personal after all.

But what about most profiting? I mean, if BSS most profiting style then what about type of game?

(Yeah I am thinking logicaly, don't laught, this is just question regarding small money)
      What is the fastest way to build your bankroll to millions? I mean, will you be able to build bankroll to million with FR?

just asking, I don't say that I think that I can make millions.
    • kruger32
      kruger32
      Bronze
      Definitely personal choice. I play HU. But I don't consider it an upgrade from FR or SH. I just really like HU.

From what I've heard, a skilled HU player can really print money.
      According to Cwar from 2p2, HUSNG is the only form of poker that lets you make so much money with a small bankroll.

"If you are a 10% ROI or higher you could easily take $500 and plat the 22s on FT for little under $20 an hour; 1 tabling with almost no risk of ruin."

Find what you like.
      GL at the tables.

edit: To make Millions I think you need to win the MTTs...