This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL100 SH, AA on dry flop

• swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      Can I lay this down here?

0.50/1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:spade: , A:diamond:
      MP2 folds, Hero raises to $3.00, 3 folds, BB calls $2.00.

Flop: ($6.50) 7:spade: , Q:heart: , 4:diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $5, BB raises to $10.00, Hero raises to $30.00, BB raises to $50.00, Hero raises to $97.00 (All-In), BB raises to $97.00 (All-In).

Turn: ($200.50) Q:spade:
      River: ($200.50) 6:heart:

Final Pot: $200.50
  • 7 replies
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      Bet more preflop.

After his 2nd reraise, I'd be pretty sure to be behind on such a dry board. He will never play a hand like AQ this way...
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      true. thanks for the input!
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Just a question out of curiosity, seeing you being a silver member and all.
      What limit did you play before making that nice win at the Sunday 300K tourney ?
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      a little SH NL25 (but just a few times since I had <15BI), but mostly 6$ SNG's (standard levels, 10 or 50 players). I played a few low buy-in (6$ max) tournaments now and then too.
      But mostly I play live NL50 shorthanded live (most opponents are fish, and buy-in 20-40BB), with a few live tourneys when I can find some.
      I should be gold soon I think, and I would've been a long time ago (summer), back then I had a 350$+ roll playing 6$ sng's and tourneys, but a big downsing and bad BRM lost it all :( , so I played mostly live. I started again with TAF money though.
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      You play live NL50 SH with all players being shortstacks ? Wtf :D

Anyway, the reason I asked was not too cast doubt on anything, but I was just wondering whether it's a good idea to move up the limits so fast, up 2 limits and barely any experience with NL25SH. Even if it's within BRM now ...
      I don't know, personally I'd want at least 12k hands on every limit before going up, just for experience' sake :)
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      yeah it might be a little sudden...but I've played quite alot of SH on FTP as well as live and on PP (no idea how many hands played, but it's alot ^^)
      so right now I'm just playing 1-2 tables of SH NL100, starting off slowly cause there are a few good players there (I can play against them, just have to spot them to adjust). Apart from that I play quite alot of PL25 Omaha. It's gold on party :p
      But sure enough, if I meet any difficulties (like making another mistake like that one ;) ) I'll move down to NL50 immediately and play alot of hands there to train. I don't need the money urgently anyway...
      Thanks for your help
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Hehe, well, I'd advise to start slowly anyway. Don't be the NL100 fish yourself (like you were in this hand :P )

Nah, don't mind my jealousy, good luck ;)

*mod* Ok, good luck on NL50, it's a pretty easy limit to beat.