[NL2-NL10] NL100 SH, AA on dry flop

• swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      Can I lay this down here?

0.50/1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:spade: , A:diamond:
      MP2 folds, Hero raises to $3.00, 3 folds, BB calls $2.00.

Flop: ($6.50) 7:spade: , Q:heart: , 4:diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $5, BB raises to $10.00, Hero raises to $30.00, BB raises to $50.00, Hero raises to $97.00 (All-In), BB raises to $97.00 (All-In).

Turn: ($200.50) Q:spade:
      River: ($200.50) 6:heart:

Final Pot: $200.50
  • 7 replies
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      Bet more preflop.

After his 2nd reraise, I'd be pretty sure to be behind on such a dry board. He will never play a hand like AQ this way...
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      true. thanks for the input!
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Just a question out of curiosity, seeing you being a silver member and all.
      What limit did you play before making that nice win at the Sunday 300K tourney ?
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      a little SH NL25 (but just a few times since I had <15BI), but mostly 6$ SNG's (standard levels, 10 or 50 players). I played a few low buy-in (6$ max) tournaments now and then too.
      But mostly I play live NL50 shorthanded live (most opponents are fish, and buy-in 20-40BB), with a few live tourneys when I can find some.
      I should be gold soon I think, and I would've been a long time ago (summer), back then I had a 350$+ roll playing 6$ sng's and tourneys, but a big downsing and bad BRM lost it all :( , so I played mostly live. I started again with TAF money though.
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      You play live NL50 SH with all players being shortstacks ? Wtf :D

Anyway, the reason I asked was not too cast doubt on anything, but I was just wondering whether it's a good idea to move up the limits so fast, up 2 limits and barely any experience with NL25SH. Even if it's within BRM now ...
      I don't know, personally I'd want at least 12k hands on every limit before going up, just for experience' sake :)
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      yeah it might be a little sudden...but I've played quite alot of SH on FTP as well as live and on PP (no idea how many hands played, but it's alot ^^)
      so right now I'm just playing 1-2 tables of SH NL100, starting off slowly cause there are a few good players there (I can play against them, just have to spot them to adjust). Apart from that I play quite alot of PL25 Omaha. It's gold on party :p
      But sure enough, if I meet any difficulties (like making another mistake like that one ;) ) I'll move down to NL50 immediately and play alot of hands there to train. I don't need the money urgently anyway...
      Thanks for your help
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Hehe, well, I'd advise to start slowly anyway. Don't be the NL100 fish yourself (like you were in this hand :P )

Nah, don't mind my jealousy, good luck ;)

*mod* Ok, good luck on NL50, it's a pretty easy limit to beat.