This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] 25 sh turned nut straight

• DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (UTG) ($33.61)
      MP ($25.50)
      Button ($59.99)
      SB ($26.83)
      BB ($31.95)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J, 10
      Hero bets $0.75, MP calls $0.75, 3 folds

Flop: ($1.85) 7, 9, K (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.05, MP calls $1.05

Turn: ($3.95) Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $3, MP calls $3

River: ($9.95) 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $11, MP calls $11

Total pot: $31.95 | Rake: $1.59

Villain is a tight passive guy 17/13/0.5
      What do you think about my sizing on the river? I thought he has a strong range left on the river after calling 2 barells and also I assume that he is calling an overbet with the same range with which he is calling a 7$ bet.

Should I bet bigger? To which amount, as I dont really know his calling tendencies and I dont want to make him fold his KJ.

I assume his calling range to be like : {KJ, KQ, AK, sets,AA} any adjustements to it?
  • 2 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      if you think he has there quite strong range you can always c/rai yourself on the river, but overbet is also fine
      Not really sure he would call higher bet than 11$, since you likely are not overbet bluffing that spot, so unless he has KQ or sets he would likely fold all the worst hands.
      Don´t think he has AA in his range, AK and other Kx hands are more reasonable
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Well he was that passive that he had AA in that spot, but that's probably not a reasonable assumption to make until you really see it.