Making the longest profit days streak Try # 2

• YinYangS
      YinYangS
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

So here I am again, making a new thread. :f_cool:

My previous record was 10 straight profit days. Averaging $40 profit per day, and earned around $450 in 10 days.

I play purely Micro MTT's, focusing on
      • $1 Scheduled Guaranteed Tourneys
      • $1.40 90 Player Knockout
      • $2.20 90 Player

The challenge for me here is
      • to consistently make the right decisions
      • to keep my emotions intact
      • to prevent myself in turning on chat so as I could avoid giving a "sermon" to the bad players

I believe by meeting these conditions, I could consistently earn in a day, also provided that I have less bad luck.

Current Profit Days Streak Record: 10 days

And the blog begins........ :f_cool:
  • 16 replies
    • YinYangS
      YinYangS
      Bronze
      Todays Profit: $20

I believe I have made the right decisions as possible today. Most of my bust outs was due to bad beats with me dominating the opponent. Some are 50/50 coin flips, but nevertheless, I'm satisfied with my play today.

I think I will have to stick to playing just $1.40 90 Player Knockouts for now. I had been profitable playing just those so I won't bother the $2 tourney for now.

I'm really looking forward to making a long streak. Wish me luck! :f_biggrin:

Current Profit Day Streak: 1 day
    • poupou
      poupou
      Bronze
      Even though your last streak ended, you could easily have continued your blog in that thread. Like update the first post with new records etc. At this rate it looks kinda weird in a year as you have like 50+ blogs in here :f_biggrin:

GL on breaking that 10 day streak!
    • YinYangS
      YinYangS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by poupou
      Even though your last streak ended, you could easily have continued your blog in that thread. Like update the first post with new records etc. At this rate it looks kinda weird in a year as you have like 50+ blogs in here :f_biggrin:

if my try # 2 ended, then i would start a try #3 and so on. i think that's interesting. hahaha. :f_biggrin:

thanks and woohoo! i'm excited. :f_biggrin:
    • MJQuads
      MJQuads
      Bronze
      Originally posted by YinYangS

if my try # 2 ended, then i would start a try #3 and so on. i think that's interesting. hahaha. :f_biggrin:

Yes, it is interesting, but what he was trying to say was, that you could do #1, #2, #3, #4,.... in one thread, since otherwise we will soon have all first page on "Your poker blogs" spammed by your topics.
    • YinYangS
      YinYangS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Jkob

Yes, it is interesting, but what he was trying to say was, that you could do #1, #2, #3, #4,.... in one thread, since otherwise we will soon have all first page on "Your poker blogs" spammed by your topics.
      hahaha. i know. but i'll try to make as few of them as possible ok? hahaha. :f_biggrin:
      forgive me a bit. it's just because i like starting blogs and hopefully prolonging them as long as possible. haha. :f_biggrin:
    • YinYangS
      YinYangS
      Bronze
      Today's Profit: $53

I sticked to my plan of playing $1.40 90 Player Knockouts only and thus was able to have a good profit day.

Made very few mistakes today, normal bad beats. I played around 50 tourneys and got in the money in 20 of them. :f_biggrin:

Wooohoo! Keep the streak running baby. :f_cool:

Current Profit Day Streak: 2 days
    • YinYangS
      YinYangS
      Bronze
      Today's Profit: $73

I don't usually play on weekends but I woke up early today to play the $50k Snowball freeroll on Party Poker. Got 63rd out of 6,000 players. My last hand was pocket A's and got bad beaten out by pocket Tens. I won $80 for that run.

I then tried out my luck on micro 6-Max No Limit. Then again, it proves that I'm not fit to play cash games and donked out $7.

I actually cashed out all my money in my Party Poker account so I thought, what will I do with this bankroll again? I'll probably go back on experimenting with 1-Table Sit&Gos again.

Since I'll use this money for experimentation, I won't add this day to my running profit day streak. This is so that I could play my A-game and won't be emotionally affected if I lose this bankroll.

So the Current Profit Day Streak is still 2 days.

Again, wish me luck! :f_biggrin:
    • YinYangS
      YinYangS
      Bronze
      Today's Profit: $7

Hmmmm, Profit is still a profit right?

Ended my session very early today. Tooooo muchhhh bad beat that I might tilt if I go on.

5 Aces cracked by donks, Kings cracked by Ax, sets over sets, god damn limpers who goes all in after a raise. let dumb people stay dumb. besides, that's where good poker players profit, from dumb people. so if you're dumb, please stay that way so that I could profit from you. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

I guess a poker player player can't avoid days like this.

Will go unwind later.

Current Profit Day Streak: 3 Days
    • amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      results oriented ITT
    • gordanar
      gordanar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by amplifyd
      results oriented ITT
      +1

Awful
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      Today's Profit: $7

Hmmmm, Profit is still a profit right?

Ended my session very early today. Tooooo muchhhh bad beat that I might tilt if I go on.

5 Aces cracked by donks, Kings cracked by Ax, sets over sets, god damn limpers who goes all in after a raise. let dumb people stay dumb. besides, that's where good poker players profit, from dumb people. so if you're dumb, please stay that way so that I could profit from you. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

I guess a poker player player can't avoid days like this.

Will go unwind later.

Current Profit Day Streak: 3 Days
      If only a small profit was a bad day in poker
    • YinYangS
      YinYangS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bradomurder

If only a small profit was a bad day in poker

I guess you mean that I should be still be happy since I gained a profit? hahaha. well, i'm just not satisfied with it that's all. but I believe i got my mindset straight right now and will grind those fishes again today! :f_biggrin:

I wish you luck and I wish myself luck! GG fishes! :s_cool:
    • YinYangS
      YinYangS
      Bronze
      Today's Profit: $69

Had a rough start. Several of my big stack tables suddenly just went busting everywhere but I then managed to calm down and regain my concentration.

At one point, I was down $55. I then had several top 3 finishes, covering up my registration fee then managed to give me a good profit.

I'm thinking of experimenting on heads-up sit&gos.

This is what I think:
      • I'll spend $2 and only $2 a day for my experimentation.
      • I'll join a $2 heads up. If I win, I'll join a $4 heads up. If I win, I'll join the next limit and so on.
      • I'm thinking if I would have a streak of good luck in a day, winning heads up until $100 would require me atleast 7 straight wins.
      • If I don't manage to achieve it, it's ok since I only spent $2.

What do you think? Hoping for some comments for my experimentation and I think it will be fun. :s_biggrin:

Current Profit Day Streak: 4 days
    • mayapnd
      mayapnd
      Bronze
      # I'll join a $2 heads up. If I win, I'll join a $4 heads up. If I win, I'll join the next limit and so on.
      # I'm thinking if I would have a streak of good luck in a day, winning heads up until $100 would require me atleast 7 straight wins.
      # If I don't manage to achieve it, it's ok since I only spent $2.
      I honestly don't really like doing this sort of stuff, unless you are sure you can stop when you hit a certain limit with your money and don't go like 'hey, i've got this far, what's there to lose if i play more?'. Also when you reach 50$ let's say, if you lose them you should need a tilt-free mindset regarding this, as you did spend only 2$ in the beggining, but if you would have stopped earlyer, you would have been 48$ in the profit!
      My advice? Stick to what you know, get a better mindset and grind the MTTs that you beat and improve your game as you should move up the limits sometime.
      And, to be honest, i would drop the 'longest profit days streak', and make a proper blog where maybe you do keep a record of that but only as a fun sidenote.
    • YinYangS
      YinYangS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mayapnd
      I honestly don't really like doing this sort of stuff, unless you are sure you can stop when you hit a certain limit with your money and don't go like 'hey, i've got this far, what's there to lose if i play more?'. Also when you reach 50$ let's say, if you lose them you should need a tilt-free mindset regarding this, as you did spend only 2$ in the beggining, but if you would have stopped earlyer, you would have been 48$ in the profit!
      My advice? Stick to what you know, get a better mindset and grind the MTTs that you beat and improve your game as you should move up the limits sometime.
      And, to be honest, i would drop the 'longest profit days streak', and make a proper blog where maybe you do keep a record of that but only as a fun sidenote.
      Thanks for the suggestions!

I'd like to continue this blog though as it challenges me and urges me to keep that mindset going.

As for my experiment, yup, I'm sure I can stop when I reach a certain winnings that I'm satisfied of. I know heads-up Sit$Gos is a different game but I'm looking for games which I could play in shorter times in cases that I want to play poker. MTTs that I play take 4 hours so I think heads-up are good way to spend 1 or 2 hours sessions.

Tune in to my blog as who knows how long I would get with that streak. :s_cool:
    • YinYangS
      YinYangS
      Bronze
      Today's Profit: None - $30 Loss

There's no best way to describe my day other than these 2 hands.

Hand #1
      Poker Stars $1.00+$0.25+$0.15 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t10/t20 Blinds - 9 players - View hand 1234621
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

MP1: t2000 100 BBs
      MP2: t1990 99.50 BBs
      CO: t1960 98 BBs
      BTN: t1850 92.50 BBs
      SB: t1680 84 BBs
      BB: t1700 85 BBs
      Hero (UTG): t2000 100 BBs
      UTG+1: t2350 117.50 BBs
      UTG+2: t2470 123.50 BBs

Pre Flop: (t30) Hero is UTG with K :spade: K :club:
      Hero raises to t100, 2 folds, MP1 calls t100, MP2 calls t100, CO raises to t1960 all in, 2 folds, BB calls t1680 all in, Hero raises to t2000 all in, 2 folds

Flop: (t5830) 4 :diamond: 7 :diamond: J :diamond: (3 players - 3 are all in)

Turn: (t5830) 2 :diamond: (3 players - 3 are all in)

River: (t5830) K :diamond: (3 players - 3 are all in)

Final Pot: t5830
      CO shows Q :club: Q :spade: (a flush, King high)
      BB shows Q :heart: Q :diamond: (a flush, King high - Queen higher)
      Hero shows K :spade: K :club: (a flush, King high)
      Hero wins t260
      CO wins t260
      BB wins t5310

Hand #2
      Poker Stars $1.00+$0.25+$0.15 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t100/t200 Blinds + t25 - 8 players - View hand 1234622
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: t17880 M = 35.76
      SB: t259 M = 0.52
      BB: t4850 M = 9.70
      UTG: t1818 M = 3.64
      Hero (UTG+1): t6465 M = 12.93
      MP1: t23010 M = 46.02
      MP2: t13540 M = 27.08
      CO: t16760 M = 33.52

Pre Flop: (t500) Hero is UTG+1 with A :diamond: A :club:
      1 fold, Hero raises to t600, MP1 calls t600, 2 folds, BTN calls t600, SB calls t134 all in, 1 fold

Flop: (t2434) 6 :heart: 9 :diamond: 7 :heart: (4 players - 1 is all in)
      Hero bets t1000, MP1 calls t1000, BTN folds

Turn: (t4434) 9 :heart: (3 players - 1 is all in)
      Hero bets t4840 all in, MP1 calls t4840

River: (t14114) K :heart: (3 players - 2 are all in)

Final Pot: t14114
      SB shows 8 :club: 9 :club: (three of a kind, Nines)
      Hero shows A :diamond: A :club: (two pair, Aces and Nines)
      MP1 shows 2 :club: 8 :heart: (a flush, King high)
      MP1 wins t12778
      MP1 wins t1336

View all 2 hands

---------------------------------------------

i guess a good poker player really can't avoid this kind of days huh?

i'm a bit proud of myself though as I'm not tilting as much as before. probably because i meditated this morning. or is it because of that meditation that i have this much bad luck? zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

my streak is now broken.
      Profit Day Streak Record Try # 2 : 4 days