From beginner To Pro

• SamBurton5
      SamBurton5
      Bronze
      Hello everyone,

Spose i should introduce myself, my name is sam im from England. I am currently working full time as an electrician apprentice, working in essex and london.

Ive been playing poker for a little while now and i class myself as a ok poker player. Which for me is not good enough! I want to one day become pro and earn a living from poker like we all do.

This blog is going to be my journey from attempting to become a pro poker player. I am currently playing 6 max NL10 cash, i have played all forms of poker and have decided i want to play 6 max cash as i see there is so much skill in this game and at the moment i really am not that bothered about the money, i would like to build a roll consistently and become a very good poker player. :s_cool:

For me its hard to find a lot of time as i work 5 days a week 8am-6pm :f_confused: which is pretty shit but i have to keep working to become a qualified electrician. The plan is to play poker when im not working and when i am qualified become a full time poker pro but also do some private electrics works to earn some more p's.

I am a begginner when it comes to 6 max cash game and am currently learning from articles and videos.

If anyone was to offer any coaching or analysis of my game for a decent price it would be much appreciated just let me know.

Short Term Goals:
      :spade: Beat NL10 and move up to NL25
      :spade:P lay 1k hands a night minimum
      :spade: Watch or read a video or article a night.

Long Term Goals:
      :heart: Reach NL200 SH
      :heart: Reach Supernova on stars
      :heart: Become a Pro! :f_love:

So here go's.....
  • 18 replies
    • SamBurton5
      SamBurton5
      Bronze

This is how i have been doing so far as you can see my graph isnt brilliant, i have many leaks i need to fix and will do so!!
    • SamBurton5
      SamBurton5
      Bronze
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (Button) ($16.11)
      SB ($5.01)
      BB ($4.43)
      UTG ($10.40)
      MP ($10.47)
      CO ($10.18)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A, 8
      3 folds, Hero bets $0.30, 1 fold, BB calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.65) A, 9, 9 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.55, BB calls $0.55

Turn: ($1.75) 5 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.35, BB raises to $3.58 (All-In), Hero folds

Total pot: $4.45 | Rake: $0.21

Figured that if i was to call all i could hope for is that he has A with low kicker to for chopped pot, but because size of his stack and how much i have put into pot is it a call? What you think guys?
    • SamBurton5
      SamBurton5
      Bronze
      Running very well at the moment, i am $50 up on NL10 so far which is ok, havent had much time to play tonight and yesterday as i played football last night and only managed to play around 500 hands...which is dissapointing.... :(
    • pokerprons
      pokerprons
      Bronze
      Hey Sam!
      I'm also on NL10 6-max on stars, just started in March, maybe we played against each other :)
      good luck with your goals and i'll see you at the tables ;)
    • SamBurton5
      SamBurton5
      Bronze
      yeah i spose i have whats your name on ps? maybe could sweat some time?
    • SamBurton5
      SamBurton5
      Bronze
      Managed to fit in around 1400 hands today, i feel i am playing well but there are deffinatley many hands i need to have reviewed from another prospective....

I play a lot of football, i pplay football for Billericay Town Football Club, having good season in one final on the way to winning the league and i have a Semi-final tommorow very big game so im logging off early to be ready for it!!!

My latest progress:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    • SamBurton5
      SamBurton5
      Bronze
      hey guys,

been a busy couple days for me been working and playing football. Managed to play little poker in between though.

Litlle dissapointed that i havent been posting hands or watching videos and reading articles though.

i am currently multitabling 8 tables and i am fine with it, i do want to increase the number of tables i play but not just yet.
    • SamBurton5
      SamBurton5
      Bronze
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCqxKrYeeLw

Saw this over day, this fat kid is powerful lol!
    • ReaZoN999
      ReaZoN999
      Bronze
      Hey Sam i'll be following your blog. Im in the exact same situation.
      Except im a network administrator and im trying to go pro on poker :)

How many tables are you playing by the way?

Edit: Oh sorry, i just read your playing 8 tables :)
    • SamBurton5
      SamBurton5
      Bronze
      lol Yeah 8 tables atm but i wanna begin to play more on NL10 soon enough, when i mvoe up to NL25 i will go down to 4 at first to start off with and build up again....

Where you playing on pokerstars?

You have skype?
    • SamBurton5
      SamBurton5
      Bronze
      Was thinking the other day, which site is best to play on for cash games?

I am not signed to pokerstars through pokerstrategy, but i am with full tilt,

Although pokerstars offer a good vip system would full tilt be better just so i can get rake back? what you guys think?
    • SamBurton5
      SamBurton5
      Bronze
      Pretty horrible day so far....

Some bad beats .....

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (CO) ($13.27)
      Button ($13.44)
      SB ($18.65)
      BB ($7.34)
      UTG ($14.21)
      MP ($2.14)

Preflop: Hero is CO with ,
      2 folds, Hero bets $0.30, Button raises to $0.50, SB calls $0.45, 1 fold, Hero raises to $2.40, Button calls $1.90, SB calls $1.90

Flop: ($7.30) , , (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $3.65, Button calls $3.65, 1 fold

Turn: ($14.60) (2 players)
      Hero bets $7.22 (All-In), Button calls $7.22

River: ($29.04) (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $29.04 | Rake: $1.41

Villian had K/Q

Hero (BB) ($10.19)
      UTG ($10)
      MP ($15.29)
      CO ($10)
      Button ($14.60)
      SB ($2.31)

Preflop: Hero is BB with ,
      1 fold, MP calls $0.10, 2 folds, SB calls $0.05, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.30) , , (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.25, MP raises to $1.04, 1 fold, Hero raises to $3.20, MP raises to $15.19 (All-In), Hero calls $6.89 (All-In)

Turn: ($20.48) (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: ($20.48) (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $20.48 | Rake: $1.02

Villian Had J/J
    • SamBurton5
      SamBurton5
      Bronze
      I am now currently playing 6max nl cash games on 888 poker, wanted to see the difference in game from pokerstars, i think i am going to stay with 888 for a while and see how i get on ill post some graphs soooon.
    • SamBurton5
      SamBurton5
      Bronze
      Just had a good start to my weekend :)

Played $5.50 Turbo with 88 entrants on 888 poker and won for $132 :)

I know was low buy in and not many people played, but this seemed so much more of a weaker field to what i am use to on pokerstars and full tilt....so may have to start playing few tourneys on 888 poker.

Gonna most likely play the sunday storm tomorrow, how can you not, the field will be so big but someone gotta win ;) i reckon the 1 million gurenteed prize pool will be smashed and go up alot.

About to watch England Vs Wales in euro qualifiers now :) had few bets on it hopefully they come in :)
    • SamBurton5
      SamBurton5
      Bronze
      So yesterday wasnt a bad day of poker, i obv won a tournament as you already know but i also had good cash game day.

This is my graph from yesterday NL10 SH on 888 poker:

And this is how i have been doing over all on 888 poker:

• SamBurton5
      SamBurton5
      Bronze
      my laptop broke so cant play poker till its fixed, got the blue screen of death :( bad times will update when im back playing poker!!!!hopefully soon!!!
    • blax41
      blax41
      Bronze
      Nice blog , gonna follow it. Maybe you could give us some more info , like which ones do you prefer most , tournaments or cash games , well you know its a blog - its always interesting to read other opinions :) gl at the tables
    • SamBurton5
      SamBurton5
      Bronze
      i decided to play some more tournaments yesrteday on my parents computer as my laptop is broke....

Cant remember the buy ins but i know i played a $27.5 entry which i cashed for $50, and played a $11 and come 6th out of around 270 and wont $171...

really debating to move other to tournament on 888 poker instead of cash games.