This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 6max Rush, KJ trips

• Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Villain: 21/19/4.1 during 823 hands, good solid reg, but capable of doing anything, even some crazy bluffs. I've seen him representing a flush with complete air, when I was preflop aggressor and fired 2 barrels with top set. Raise flop cbet 25.

Full Tilt Poker $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1223446
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BB: $14.76
      UTG: $21.69
      Hero (MP): $12.56
      CO: $18.21
      BTN: $10.78
      SB: $10.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is MP with J:diamond: K:spade:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $0.30, CO calls $0.30, BTN calls $0.30, 2 folds

Flop: ($1.05) J:club: 5:club: J:spade: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.60, CO calls $0.60, BTN raises to $1.90, Hero calls $1.30, CO folds

Turn: ($5.45) K:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $3, Hero calls $3

River: ($11.45) 4:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $7.36 all in, BTN folds

Even before he raised me on the flop I was completely expecting this move from him, and suspected for him to have polarised range here. Either he has AJ or 55, or complete air again. So I guess we could decline shoving as bad option here? The same with turn. And on the river I decide to shove because I don't believe he would continue his bluff here, and with any hands that has at least some showdown value, he will check behind as well.
  • 4 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      c/rai on the turn, if he has there Jx/flush, he would b/c or if he has bluff you can´t be sure he is shoving river, as played you have to check river, since he won´t really call your shove with trips so you really hope he is bluffing on scary river card
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      But if we c/r the turn he folds everything (especially bluff), and we could expect value only if he has 55. Or am I missing some point?
      Good point about checking river, I shoulda definitely done that.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Bliausmas
      But if we c/r the turn he folds everything (especially bluff), and we could expect value only if he has 55. Or am I missing some point?
      Good point about checking river, I shoulda definitely done that.
      well I´m not really sure he is bluffing 3-way that often, and he would b/c turn with flushes and trips and 55. if he just has air I´m not sure he would shove river if you b/c flop and c/c turn
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Well yeah, that's pretty tricky. He is fully capable of bluffing like this, but you never know..