How would you feel?

• Saruniks
      Saruniks
      Bronze
      You are 17 years old teenager and then you buy in to sattelite for 2$. At the end you place 6th on final table winning 500 000$ but then again, you are underage and your money just fades away. So sick...

What do you think about this situation?
  • 16 replies
    • StaticMoth
      StaticMoth
      Silver
      Reason would dictate that "you can always make more money" ...
      but in reality ... I think comment #10 describes it quite well for this fella I imagine :P
    • Saruniks
      Saruniks
      Bronze
      Originally posted by StaticMoth
      Reason would dictate that "you can always make more money" ...
      but in reality ... I think comment #10 describes it quite well for this fella I imagine :P
      dunno that guy probably sucks at poker based on his stats of Pokerstars and party poker (PTR) and won't make that money soon. Just lucky, and being that lucky doesn't come often. :f_biggrin: but anyway, poor kid.
    • OZSA
      OZSA
      Bronze
      being stupid gets rewarded at once... really, why would u signup with ur name if the money is not coming from ur name... u get ur money from ur parents so have the account on their name... really just pure stupid what he did... i dunno how would i feel coz i'd never make this mistake in life, but yeah suicide looks a proper line regarding the action...
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      If he is decent, its something he can recover from. its also something he can leverage for a nice deal with a major staker.
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Def a life tilt.. 500k is a shitload of money that can change one's life a lot.
    • pavels4444
      pavels4444
      Bronze
      I dont know what to say ...
      I can imagine how he feels
      Hopefully he didnt buy anything expensive like a new house (as suggested when making a deal :D ) or the lambo

I actully thought pokerstars didnt care about the age of the players. I guess Im wrong
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      theyre just covering their own asses.
    • Saruniks
      Saruniks
      Bronze
      Originally posted by conall88
      theyre just covering their own asses.
      no, I think it's government, not Pokerstars. They just can't let that happen, maybe freezing account untill 18, but he used fake information, that is crime I gues.
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      They probably just wanted the $500k back off him to boost their income a bit :p Also, why didn't they notice this when he was depositing, but did when he was withdrawing?
    • kirbupask
      kirbupask
      Bronze
      Becouse such large withdrawal demands special treatment? They did contact the guy.
    • bazerk
      bazerk
      Bronze
      It was a reporter who uncovered the under age thing. But what OZSA said is exactly right. If your gonna lie, to it properly
    • BLOWMEBABE
      BLOWMEBABE
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pavels4444
      I dont know what to say ...
      I can imagine how he feels
      Hopefully he didnt buy anything expensive like a new house (as suggested when making a deal :D ) or the lambo

I actully thought pokerstars didnt care about the age of the players. I guess Im wrong
      I dont think so that you can imagine...
    • OZSA
      OZSA
      Bronze
      ofc you cant untill you dont loose that money... and the worse thing is, its not like you lost AA vs KK for 500k in headsup, you made a poor lie, and u suck it up afterwards, when you can blame it on unluck its easier to cope with it, but imagine that its his fault only.. i could blame myself for a lifetime daily after that.. luckily god made me poor, but not stupid.
    • Jafreiteris
      Jafreiteris
      Bronze
      get a loan, put all money on roulette number. repeat. then : opt A enjoy life. opt B get a gun, shoot some pokerstars chairman and face the consuqenses
    • JazBenz
      JazBenz
      Bronze
      well i suppose thats a big lesson for all the underage idiots out there =P

i think his dad may have messed it up for him, as in being a bad liar... if the reporter got suspicious, plus the info on his twitter and using his own name... i guess he never expected to win that much so he just didnt think about it any further, i mean his original bankroll was probably like $50, if at all... - rather a tragic story, but stupidity gets punished hard for once.
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      The reporter who uncovered it should've gone "give us 100k and I'll keep my mouth shut"

The kid should've used his dads name though. hopefully he can sell his story to a womans magazine or something