[NL20-NL50] sh 25 JJ IP vs fish

• DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($26.57)
      BB ($25)
      UTG ($42.23)
      MP ($25)
      Hero (CO) ($26.12)
      Button ($34.83)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J, J
      UTG calls $0.25, 1 fold, Hero bets $1.25, 3 folds, UTG calls $1

Flop: ($2.85) 5, 5, 2 (2 players)
      UTG bets $4, Hero calls $4

Turn: ($10.85) 4 (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero checks

River: ($10.85) A (2 players)
      UTG bets $36.98 (All-In), Hero folds

Total pot: $10.85 | Rake: $0.54

75/6 guy over 50 hands

The overbet on the flop really screams like a 5 with him having such a huge range imo, I was planning on calling the flop and folding to a any further aggression on the turn.

Faced with the shove on the river and with my hand decreasing so much in value i find a fold pretty easily.

But I dont like the way I played it. Does it make sense for him to ever bluff here? And if it doesnt I dont really have a problem folding directly on the flop and find a better spot to play with him after I really give him some more attention.

And if it does make sense for him to bluff here should I bet the turn?
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think it is usually just bluff, since bad players usually tend to slowplay trips rather than overbet that hand
      So if you want you can raise and play for stacks, but if you see him having 5x, then I think call is fine and then decide on the turn
      Since he checked turn I think he would mostly c/c or c/f, so I´d bet 6$ for value and likely would call shove.
      If he overbet shoves, then it usually looks for value, like 3x, so I think you can´t call. Folding there is fine