$11.31
      BU:
      $11.60
      SB:
      $8.42
      BB:
      $10.77

Preflop: Hero is CO with A, A.
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, BU calls $0.40, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.95) 3, 4, 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.68, Hero raises to $2.40, BU raises to $6.40, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $3.35.

Was my check raise right thing to do? I was expecting villain to check back and give him a chance to catch some card to improve his hand and get value for me, but he bet. I reraised so I would know where am I standing but unfortunately he 3bet me and on flop like that I put him on a set because of just calling preflop from button.

Was my thinking process right? Did I play this hand right? Villain was quite tight with 9/8, around 50 hands, I was 9/6.
  • 7 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Phenomenomzor,

I don't really like it, you just turning your hand into bluff. Rather Bet/Fold it than Check/Raise/Fold. Usually when you Check/Raising there then you are doing it for value.

Best regards.
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      He can easily have an overpair to the board here also so you've put yourself in a tough spot.
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      u have to continue ur line... u c/r because u feel u have the best hand. following this reasoning, then its an easy shove.
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      A tight player like that making this line, I woudl put him on a set all day and give him credits..

But I would bet flop and see what he does, most tight players that hit set are calling flop then check raising turn.
    • Phenomenomzor
      Phenomenomzor
      Bronze
      Thanks everyone for your answers, I appreciate them.

I don't really like it, you just turning your hand into bluff. Rather Bet/Fold it than Check/Raise/Fold. Usually when you Check/Raising there then you are doing it for value.

I wouldnt really like bet/folding there, he probably doesnt expect me having aces, most likely puts me on some high ace, so he would be capable to raise with pocketpair or even air, because he thinks I just made weak c-bet, this happens alot.

He can easily have an overpair to the board here also so you've put yourself in a tough spot.

u have to continue ur line... u c/r because u feel u have the best hand. following this reasoning, then its an easy shove.

I guess c/r was wrong move, but I dont think my fold was. Check raise often indicates strenght and if someone 3bets (is it right to say 3bet btw, not rlly sure?) c/r I can only give him credit for something stronger than just a pair, ofc he might had thought I was making a move or he was making it.

I was thinking another option which would be bet/call and bet/fold to raise on turn. Dont really see medium pp continue raising on turn and if J-A falls on turn, it would slow down pp even more. After all, this is about thinking out does he have a pp or a set or am I wrong?
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      Once you decide to checkraise, I agree you have to be stacking off here. I just prefer the bet flop line. were you ahead?
    • Phenomenomzor
      Phenomenomzor
      Bronze
      Thanks everyone for their answers, I really appreciate them and learned alot :)