This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Some tips to improve

• wierdflex92
      wierdflex92
      Bronze
      Hello, im pretty much a beginner to the online poker, ive only played like a 500 hands or so, but ive started looking to graphs allready, looking to graphs early could make decrease my downswings further on. i reciewed the 50 dollar starting capital and my goal is 120 dollar sometime, moving up the blinds.
      right now my bankroll is about 46 after having lost a cpl of all in situations- like kk against aa n stuff.
      im playing nl5 on ftp- is this a good brm?

first off i will post some stats from elephant ( i know, after just 500 hands it seems silly, but my style wotn change if noone tells my how) and want to improve early on)
      vp$ip 23.5
      pfr 15.4
      hand range flop 19.9
      open raise late pos 25.5
      agg factor 2.9
      hand range showdown 4.5%
      wtsdwsf?????? explain 22.6
      wt$@sd???? 46.5- therefor my loss

i calc pot odds and odds really easy, ive read a lot of math in school and im goin to apply for a business school. i think that my problems are in all in situations postflop, i seem to loose quite often, i should lay down my hands more often.
      i do often build a stack of steals and flopcontinuationbets really easy, but then lose it all + the buyin in a stupid all in -situatuon, thinking my opponent is so stupid he bluffs wit 200% the pot, wich is is not very likely

common scenario 1.
      preflop: I catch QQ at button gettin 1 raise behind me, i reraise, sb fold bb reraise ( ok at this point i know he got KK- but i cant manage to throw my towel in, and im soon goin all in against ak and kk- my outs are 2. arggghhh and "KATCHINGGG" - 2.50

common scenario 2
      getting QKoffsuit trying to steal the blinds from button, get a call and river comes like A27rainbow, i try to steal the pot thinking that he maybe has suited connectors calling my bet, get a cold call - i know hes got A7/A2 and im down. when i now try to steal the blinds i often go x3 pot, should i increase this amout ( all folded im sb), to make him fold A2 ( in this situation)

when i look at my graph, i see that when i win a all in, i win only half the money that i tend to lose in an all in situation. i mean, i buy in for the same amount everytime, if i buy in for 2.50, shoud i go away from the table when my money is at 3.50?

should i tighten up?

can somone explain the indicators with my ???? after them?

could u help me to improve my game?

thanks
  • 2 replies
    • Zolt4n
      Zolt4n
      Bronze
      Hi mate,

Playing NL5 with a bankroll of 50 dollar is definitly the worst thing you can do. You need 25 buyins to play comfortably on a limit, so I recommend you to step down to NL2. Do you play SH or FR? According to your stats I think you must be playing SH, 23/15 appears to be okay, just try to be a little more aggressive preflop, a 20/17 would be a bit better, (although overlimping on these stakes makes sense in some cases).

Good luck at the tables!
    • Kodark
      Kodark
      Bronze
      I started NL5 on FTP $2 buying playing MSS seemed to follow good BRM as its 25 BI's