This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Q5s Push vs call on flop

• Bogdan1190
      Bogdan1190
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $2.11
      UTG1:
      $2.24
      Hero:
      $2.42

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.98 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q:spade: , 5:spade:
      UTG folds, UTG1 calls $0.02, 5 folds, Hero raises to $0.10, SB raises to $0.31, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.20.

my call was bad here i know against a raise i should of folded but i wanted to see a flop.

Flop: ($0.65) 7:spade: , 6:spade: , 4:heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.48, Hero calls $0.48.

this is the best flop you can hope for i have 16 outs 9 from FD and 8 from OESD i called becouse im not agressive enough and wanted to see the next card cheaply. and i think i have enough pot odds to just call flop even thou maybe i sould of just pushed here.

Turn: ($1.61) T:club: (2 players)
      SB raises $1.32 (All-In), Hero calls $1.33.

on the turn i feel like im comitted to the pot and a fold is just to weak.

River: ($4.26) 2:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.26

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a flush, queen high (Qs 5s)
      SB shows (Qh Qc)

Hero wins with a flush, queen high (Qs 5s)

please comment my qestion here is Shove flop or just call ?
  • 6 replies
    • phantommm92
      phantommm92
      Bronze
      fold preflop

as played, fold to 3bet

as played reraise flop IMO

dont be a moron and dont call to see a flop, just because you are tilting
    • Bogdan1190
      Bogdan1190
      Bronze
      what 3 bet? he just raises preflop and on the flop i agree i shoud of pushed.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Bogdan1190,

Preflop: Yep, pretty horrible to Call with such a hand. But yes, it's a 3bet from him.

As played
      Postflop: Just ship it here and gain at least some fold equity and of course our hand is very strong with so many draws.

Best regards.
    • Bogdan1190
      Bogdan1190
      Bronze
      A 3bet is a reraise after a raise and a bet. It is the third raise in a betting round. Fixed limit players normally use this term, but it is also used instead of the term reraise in pot- and no-limit games.

Layout:

Player A bets

Player B raises

Player C 3bets

i bet first he raised my bet where is the 3 bet ?
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Bogdan1190
      but it is also used instead of the term reraise in pot- and no-limit games.
      clear fold preflop. even if you were holding AJ or AQ, it would be smarter to fold preflop out of position to such a 3bet. (or a reraise if u like). there's an article on the strategy section that explains this quite nicely.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Bogdan1190
      A 3bet is a reraise after a raise and a bet. It is the third raise in a betting round. Fixed limit players normally use this term, but it is also used instead of the term reraise in pot- and no-limit games.

Layout:

Player A bets

Player B raises

Player C 3bets

i bet first he raised my bet where is the 3 bet ?
      This is for postflop, then there it's a 3bet. But preflop blinds = 1bet, raise = 2bet and reraise = 3bet.