Live MTT

• buychips
      buychips
      Bronze
      Hi there!

I´ll play a live MTT with near 100 players with a 110 € buy-in with 10.000 chips and levels of 30 minutes!! The level of the players probabily will not be the best, because this is a 2nd chance tournament and the players that played and got eliminated on the main event can´t register....
      Its my first live Tournament and of course i will be nervous..

Could the member that are experienced on live tourneys advice me with some tips?? What should i pay attention? Wich tells the players tend to show...... What can i do to not show my initial nervous??

Thanks for any advice!!

King regards
  • 2 replies
    • AlcopopDK
      AlcopopDK
      Bronze
      hi m8.

ill try to give u a little advice from my live experience.

dont try stupid bluffs against unknown opponents. u simply dont know if hes a donk calling u down with any pair. an old poker saying is; u can only bluff good players (or something like that :) )

spend some time observe ur table while not in a hand. unexperienced players tend to give physical tells when being nerveous (? on spelling) or excited.

spot the soft spots @ ur table and give them a hard time.

most important :: position is everything :)

hope my post is somehow usefull to u !

go take it down !

AlcopopDK
    • Leito99
      Leito99
      Bronze
      is that student masters by any chance?

I am in a similar situation now

I would say follow what durrrrr does and just stare at a spot in the middle of the table if youre nervous but otherwise try to focus on gameplay tells like patterns instead of body tells if its youre first time live as you need more experience for live tells