Buy In

• 6 replies
    • Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      Hey GoranGiga,

I'm not sure I'm following, could you please rephrase that? :)

Hadi
    • GoranGiga
      GoranGiga
      Bronze
      I mean when you Set up your software Full Tilt Poker( Activate the auto-rebuy
      You can set the amount of money you wish to take to the table in FL and NL ring games. You can also activate the auto-rebuy in order to always have the right amount in your stack)Click on Options.
      Select Set Buy-In Preferences... and where is show up how much money you have.
    • MrDeran9ed
      MrDeran9ed
      Bronze
      I'll translate for him as best as i can, i think i have a good grasp at what he's trying too ask, unfourtunatly i don't know the answer though.

"When playing at full tilt poker, you can active the auto rebuy, so you always have a certain amount of chips at the table. If we do change this, how much should we rebuy in for the NL 70 cash games and the Limit 10 cash games?"

~ MrDeran9ed :f_cool: :spade:
    • Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      That's a bummer, I'm not too sure of the answer myself, but I'll ask the collective hivemind aka moderator team if they know it ;)

Hadi
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Okay... I'm not 100% sure if I've got the crux of the situation, but I'll try to be comprehensive and hopefully get you your answer! Here goes:

Before you play at a given table limit, ensure you are following correct Bank Roll Management (BRM) (see PS.com basic articles for an explanation of the correct BRM for your variant. In that way when you auto rebuy you will not need to worry about how much you have left in your bank roll. If you are close to a BRM lower threshold (ie you may need to move down if you have a losing session) then it is worth stopping your session every now and then to check whether you should be moving down.

As for what amount you should buy in for, and rebuy for, that depends on what variant and strategy you are playing.

Fixed Limit games:

To avoid any issues make sure you have enough in your stack that you can make the maximum number of bets for any hand. You always want to be full stacked so you don't ever run the risk of losing value when you have the nuts and someone is happy to call every bet/raise you make. If you are on a site with unlimited bets on a betting round, then you could increase your stack size to allow for extra bets. I wouldn't increase it by much though as you don't want to commit your whole Bank Roll (BR) on one hand!

Accordingly, you should ensure you rebuy to your buy in amount every hand so you always have sufficient bets for each hand.

ie: in a typical 4 bet "CAP" Hold'em game, you should buy in for 12 Big Bets (BB) and rebuy each hand to 12BB. For example playing 0.05/0.10 you should have at least $1.20 in your stack at all times.

No Limit games:

This depends on which strategy you are playing. For SSS and MSS this will be included in the basic articles as to the minimum and maximum stacks you can profitably play. You don't need to rebuy outside of the minimum recommended as the strategy allows for a stack size range.

For BSS, and as a starting position, you should buy in for 100 big blinds (bb) (and play the tables with a 100bb maximum buy in). Each hand you should rebuy to 100bb so you can extract maximum value with your good hands. Eg playing NL5 a full buyin is $5.00 and you should auto rebuy to $5.00 each hand.

There are exceptions to this advice, but it is a reasonable base level for a micro/low limit player.

Hopefully this answers things for you! :f_grin:
    • GoranGiga
      GoranGiga
      Bronze
      OK thanks for the answer.