[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH Fold a full house?

• Alleen86
      Alleen86
      Platinum
      Hello!

I just called a minraise from the MP preflop and hit OESD on the flop in a multiway pot. I decided to check back. On the turn I hit trips, but the flush became possible. I bet and was hoping that the board will pair on the river if I got called so I would be ahead straights and flushes. Ulala, on the river another 5 came, so I had a full house. But then the guy bet all in. I called and expecting him to have flush, straight or 5.

His stats: 29/24/3,9/195 (VPIP/PFR/Agg/Hands)

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP3:
      $11.93
      CO (Hero):
      $10.00
      BU:
      $13.36
      SB:
      $10.05
      BB:
      $10.00
      MP2:
      $10.00

Preflop: Hero is CO with 4, 4.
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.20, Hero calls $0.20, BU folds, SB calls $0.15, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.7) 7, 5, 6 (3 players)
      SB checks, MP3 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($0.7) 4 (3 players)
      SB checks, MP3 checks, Hero bets $0.50, SB calls $0.50, MP3 folds.

River: ($1.7) 5 (2 players)
      SB raises to $9.35(All-In), Hero calls $9.30(All-In).

Final Pot: $20.35.
      Results follow:

Hero shows a full-house, fours full of fives(4 4).
      SB shows a full-house, sixs full of fives(6 6).

SB wins with a full-house, sixs full of fives(6 6).
  • 3 replies
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      bet flop - everyone checked to you, and you have oesd (altho u have to discount 4 and 8 of hearts since someone could hit his flush). if ur lucky, everyone will fold. but if someone shoves over ur raise, sorry but u will have to fold.
      generally its pretty suspicious when an aggressive player like that (eg AF 3.9) gives up his initiative and checks the flop. shld start hearing some alarm bells. i wld check his cbet stat as well.
    • Alleen86
      Alleen86
      Platinum
      Yep, maybe it will be better to bet the flop.. But I don't see much fold equity here, since both guys could easily have a draw, and it's very likely that someone will check/raise to me. Also I have a drawing hand in a multiway pot.. Actually, the MP3 guy was preflop aggresor, not the SB, who shiped the river. I don't know.. The turn card was horrible for me but I would check back or fold any serious bet on the river if the river card wasn't 4,5,6 or 7.. At the end, 55, 66, 77, 75, 65 and 45 beat me.. But the shit is that there ary many hands I beat that players at this limit would play that way at the river.. But yea, I should probably fold the river.. :f_confused:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Alleen86,

I would even consider that he would likely donk on flop with 2pairs there. Might tried to Check/Raise against preflop aggressor with some set and which failed and he had to Check/Call the turn while one of you could easily have the straight or flush. And therefore the river is somewhat close, I just can't imagine him doing that play with flush or anything like that, why didn't he raise us on turn then? And as well I don't think that he would do that with just trips. Therefore it's kinda close, sometimes even if we haven't invested that much into the pot I am more often inclined to give up the hand, while we have nearly the worst FH. And very often such people over-shove there with FH as well.

Best regards.