No, seriously... WTF is THIS??????

• SilverSag
      SilverSag
      Bronze
      Today I received this in my e-mail

Dear SilverSag,
      Our records show that that you have not logged in to your account for 180 days.

A $ 6.93 administration fee** has been charged to your inactive account. The next charge will be deducted from you account balance on: 09-Apr-2011 ET.

However, this fee will NOT be charged if your account, or any related account, is reactivated on or before 08-Apr-2011 ET.

Reactivating your account is easy: Just log in and place a cash wager, enter a tournament with a cash entry fee, or play a raked hand.

**TERMS & CONDITIONS If you do not access your Account by "logging on" to your Account using your Account name and password for any period of 180 days, then after those 180 days (the "180 day grace period") your Account (and any related account with any ESP) will be deemed "Inactive". If your Account becomes Inactive, then the Company is entitled to charge you an administrative fee (the "Inactive Account Fee"). The Inactive Account Fee shall be deducted from your Account Balance at the end of each calendar month in accordance with the Inactive Account Fee Schedule. We will stop deducting the Inactive Account Fee from your Account Balance if your Account is re-activated.

If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Our Customer Care team is available 24/7.

Sincerely,

Party Team

I have to pay them FOR NOT PLAYING????? Is there a way to cancel account???
  • 16 replies
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      I had this too a while ago, and my account was empty, so I asked them how they were going to charge me. They said it only applied if I'd left some money in there. So just withdraw anything you have there. Easy game.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      I'd withdraw and send them a "Screw you guys! I'm going to Stars/FTP/iPoker" sort of mail. :D
    • Helipacter
      Helipacter
      Bronze
      Is this common practice amongst the big boys (FT, PS & PP), or something new?
    • SilverSag
      SilverSag
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Helipacter
      Thats exactly what I am thinking, because I do have some other accounts too...
    • StaticMoth
      StaticMoth
      Silver
      Originally posted by SilverSag
      Originally posted by Helipacter
      Thats exactly what I am thinking, because I do have some other accounts too...
      Nope, just Party
    • One12ver
      One12ver
      Bronze
      I had this too a while ago, and my account was empty, so I asked them how they were going to charge me. They said it only applied if I'd left some money in there. So just withdraw anything you have there. Easy game.

If you have no money then they will take points from your account. This happened to me last month because I had not played for awhile and had withdrawn all my money.
    • DtotheC
      DtotheC
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      That seems pretty harsh, though I am sure it is meant to serve as an incentive to reactivate your account.

Personally I would have gone for a reactivation bonus of some kind to get people playing again rather than actually charging them. Bear in mind that it does take 180 (half a year!) for this to happen, so they have probably written you off as never coming back.

Personally, if I had money on there, I would just log in, play one hand in a cash game and then head back to my regular haunt. You generate rake then and get yourself another 6 months!

PS - May be worth checking the terms and conditions to see if this is correct though.
    • One12ver
      One12ver
      Bronze
      From Party Poker:

Inactive Account Fee Schedule
      Inactive Account Fee Schedule

€5.00 EUR*

Note: All fees and charges are subject to change from time to time.

Frequently Asked Questions

1. What is the Inactive Account Fee?

As set out in Clause 11 (Inactive Account Fees) of the Terms and Conditions of Use, the Inactive Account Fee is a monthly administrative charge that is deducted from your account balance if your account is inactive for more than 180 days.

2. When would I have to pay the Inactive Account Fee?

The Inactive Account Fee will be deducted from your account balance on the day following the (end of the) 180-day grace period (i.e., day 181) and then every thirty (30) days thereafter if your account remains inactive.

For example: If the Inactive Account Fee is €5.00 EUR, and your account is inactive for seven (7) months, then you will have to pay a €5.00 EUR charge at the end of the 180-day grace period (day 181) and then every thirty (30) days thereafter if your account remains inactive.

Note: The amount €5.00 EUR is used only as an example. You should consult the Inactive Account Fee Schedule for the Inactive Account Fee amount.

3. How will the Inactive Account Fee be paid?

An amount up to the Inactive Account Fee will automatically be deducted from your account balance by us on the day following the end of the 180-day grace period (day 181) and then every thirty (30) days thereafter (provided your account remains inactive).

4. What if there is no money in my account?

If your account balance is zero and there is no money in your account then no deduction will be made.

Additionally, we will not deduct the full Inactive Account Fee from your account balance if your account balance is less than the Inactive Account Fee amount. However, we have the right to deduct "up to" the Inactive Account Fee amount. This means, for example, that if you have an account balance of €2.00 EUR and the Inactive Account Fee is €5.00 EUR, then we can deduct the €2.00 EUR from your account balance (if your account remains inactive).

5. What if I start using my account again?

If you start using your account by 'logging on' to your account using your account name and password and you (i) place a cash wager, or (ii) enter a tournament with a cash entry fee, or (iii) play a raked hand, then your account will be deemed 'active' and we will stop deducting the Inactive Account Fee from your account balance from that date.

*Where your Account Currency is a currency other than EUR, the Inactive Account Fee will be converted into your Account Currency at the Exchange Rates offered by Us at the time of deduction from your Account.

Modified/Created 23rd April 2007

If you have any questions, please contact our 24/7 Customer Care Team.

Wir werden von der Regierung von Gibraltar lizenziert und reguliert. Unsere Spiele werden von iTech Labs, einem
      unabhängigen Prüfinstitut für Spiel- und Wettsysteme, getestet. So stellen wir sicher, dass unsere Spiele fair und korrekt ablaufen
    • rustysport
      rustysport
      Bronze
      Seems fair to me. Don't stop playing I guess. If you do then you will care anyhow.
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      From memory it isn't only Party Poker that do this, I'm sure someone has posted in the past that they had this happen to them on one of the iPoker skins.
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      OP.. next time u dont wanna get suprises like this, you should really read the rules u accept to when u sign up.
    • Broscatana
      Broscatana
      Bronze
      screw party is a shit platform with shitty odds and with huge fee i had account there, double up 11$ and on pstars is 10.48 now just count if u play 200 games weekly
      Not to talk about 6 double or nothing where fee is same 1$ wtf!!!!
    • Kodark
      Kodark
      Bronze
      Poker sites are not banks. They have to do this otherwise organised crime could hide their money there.
    • SirVanek
      SirVanek
      Bronze
      And exactly how this stop hiding the money there?
    • cojonel
      cojonel
      Global
      Originally posted by Kodark
      Poker sites are not banks. They have to do this otherwise organised crime could hide their money there.
      Haha do you really read again what you wrote? Organised crime wouldn't care for 5 euro after 6 months but platform care abnut players who deposit tons of money! Haha
    • MichaelM
      MichaelM
      Bronze
      Hey folks,

I know from other Poker rooms that are doing this, that this is an administrative process, to prevent that poker rooms are used as a bank.

It don't know how Party is exactly handling this, but I know from other rooms that you receive an email before a fee is charged. If this didn't happen, I would like to encourage you to give feedback to your poker room about this. If they actually asked you at some point to log in and play a raked hand for example, I don't see how this is an actual problem.

We are happy to forward the feedback for you, but some sort of inactive login rule makes sense. A warning however would be nice though.