Need help regarding a client-crash issue.

• SpaceMarine
      SpaceMarine
      Bronze
      ---

I wrote this email today to the BF support (support@betfred.com and support@betfredpoker.com - but I posted it here too, maybe somebody is aware of this problem and can give me a hint where to look for)

I have talked to the support-hotline via chat various times, but they are not able to help out in any way. So they asked me to write to this emailadress.

My problem is the following:

After a fresh reboot of my computer I am able to startup the pokerclient and play for a while.
      (sometimes this is not possible when my pc was turned on for a while but the betfred client has not been started or crashed before)

After some time, without any apparent reason if I open a new table - and only then - the software crashes (its not "reacting" anymore), so I have to manually end the process.
      After that happend I can restart the betfred software, but it will crash again at the login-screen most of the time - sometimes giving me the response that there is "no response from gaming-server" after a while of nothing happening.

If I keep on playing my whatever 3-4 tables I opened before and not open or join any other table I can keep playing as long as I want to (i think - never tried that longer than 2hrs~).

If i reboot my computer - most of the time the problem is gone (that the client crashes at startup) but the clientcrash after playing a while and opening a table after some time is reproducable.

I think I have all the latest versions installed of:

windows 7
      flash
      java
      internet explorer
      graphicsdriver

I still think it might be an issue with flash somehow. The chatsupport (as friendly and repeating as they are.. sigh) asked me to provide a screenshot to the mail.

I didnt because i figure you wouldnt get much out of looking at my desktop and a while (not reacting) window of the betfred client.

and no
      - i am not logged into betfred on any other thing
      - i am not playing at any other ipoker site
      - i think i am not stupid and maybe a little little tech-savy, .....

hoping for help.

(btw this is the new tables - had the same problem with the old client aswell)
  • 16 replies
    • Zhusy
      Zhusy
      Bronze
      Are you using Poker Tracker 3? If yes, try it without him... that software is particularly retarded and using an win API that is causing this problem on many PC's.

If not using any HUD then my only advice is to get additional Adobe softwares that render flash recursively. Ermm you are on windows? Never mind this one :D

I am not sure either what to tell you. You don't get any error or error log providable? Every software has an error log, don't tell me that iPoker software doesn't? It has to be in its folder. If i could take a look into it, i could find out a lot...
    • SpaceMarine
      SpaceMarine
      Bronze
      i use HM, looking if there is something to be found...no
    • Zhusy
      Zhusy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SpaceMarine
      Then their software sux if they have no such support. Every good software should have his error log so DEv's can help users with problems.
      Does it crash without the HEM on? Also did you try stoping PostrgreSQL, just find in Start>Programs>PoestgreSQL > Service STOP and also try turning off windows aero, put windows in classis mode, also when you start the software .exe from the poker, right click on it > Properties and try Windows compatibility settings.
    • OZSA
      OZSA
      Bronze
      1. if ur on a router, try plugging the net cable directly to ur pc, same goes if your on wireless, try direct connection
      2. disable any firewall u got, maybe some ports get fuckedup when you log in the client
      3. i personally would check all the processes on the pc with hijackthis (dunno how it goes on win7, I use only XP, and I know every single process or port opened, what is and why is it there)
      4. just for the sake of arguement scan ur pc with avast boot time scan.

but generally if it doesnt respond the problem is with 1. their server is not sending you the correct data, 2. you are blocking the data they send

if u had XP i could help more...
    • SpaceMarine
      SpaceMarine
      Bronze
      I use AntiVir Software by the way.

I use a plugged in cable aswell and i wouldnt like to disable my firewall.. :(

what ports does betfred use?

--- but yea regarding the email:

i got an update.

response to my mail is hilarious

>Dear Sir,
      >
      >Thank you for your query.
      >
      >If you are experiencing problems with the website we would recommend the following in order to refresh your computer as there are currently no specific problems with the website.
      >
      >If you are accessing Betfred.com from a saved favorite's link, please delete the saved link, open up a new internet browser and manually type http://www.betfred.com directly into the address bar. The site should then be fully operational.
      >
      >If you normally access the site from a search engine (google.com) please refrain from doing so and instead open up a new internet explorer browser and manually type http://www.betfred.com directly into the address bar. The site should be fully operational.
      >
      >Alternatively, please delete your temporary internet files & any stored cookies and restart your machine. This is accessed by clicking 'Internet Options' This would refresh your system and remove any expired or inaccurate links stored on your machine. Due to the constantly updating changes of the site, the latest version would need to be accessed. This does not happen if it is accessed from an old saved link.
      >
      >We hope this answers your query, if you require any further information or still have any technical problems, please call us on our free phone number and we can investigate in more detail.
      >
      >Thank you for contacting Customer Services.
      >
      >Kind regards,
      >
      >Joanne Croft.
      >Customer Service Advisor.

my response to that:

Are you serious?

client = software

i maybe should have said that i talk about the POKER-client
    • Zhusy
      Zhusy
      Bronze
      The comments so far are useless.... no luck with mine? Btw port forwarding and ports have nothing to do with this...
    • SpaceMarine
      SpaceMarine
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Zhusy
      Then their software sux if they have no such support. Every good software should have his error log so DEv's can help users with problems.
      Does it crash without the HEM on? Also did you try stoping PostrgreSQL, just find in Start>Programs>PoestgreSQL > Service STOP and also try turning off windows aero, put windows in classis mode, also when you start the software .exe from the poker, right click on it > Properties and try Windows compatibility settings.

i havent tried without HEM/sql on yet.

i use windows classic style anyway

but i need HEM to work with betfred anyway - because without it there is no point playing

- edit: tried stopping the sql in after the client crashed once on me and ist reloading - didnt have any effect (as i thought)

what kind of compatibility should i choose?
    • Zhusy
      Zhusy
      Bronze
      WinXP or Vista. Try both.
    • SpaceMarine
      SpaceMarine
      Bronze
      nothing on both - as expected
    • OZSA
      OZSA
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Zhusy
      The comments so far are useless.... no luck with mine? Btw port forwarding and ports have nothing to do with this...
      port blocking has to do alot with everything that happends on the internet, and if his firewall blocks the port that betfred connects to, then he is fucked... im not writing a single line in this forum if its useless or bullshit..

spacemarine...if betfred replied to you this... then i need to think a second, i never played betfred but I played iPoker and there the account tab is opening in an explorer inside the poker client (its actually an explorer but u cant see it written like that) and maybe betfred is the same with the table ? connecting on http to the tables ? really never saw that client but just for the sake of arguement delete or temp files, temp internet files (imo its bullshit but without seeing the client i cant really say for sure)..

ultimately, i'd put a secondary OS, win XP and check it out there.

btw..ur firewall wont help you at all, there's only 1 thing that can fuck you up (with or without firewall) but they are rare, and if you get them, u cant do a shit, they are called rootkits, the sweet bloody damn rootkits...it ignores ur windows firewall like I ignore the church :) )
    • MichaelM
      MichaelM
      Bronze
      Hi Spacemarine,

Sorry if I am telling you something you might have already heard. That is all I can think of and as the guys already gave you great advise, I guess it is covered, but it can never hurt to check.

1) Update all Drivers
      2) Check the settings of your Security Software
      3) Try running the client without any other programs in the background - That includes Poker helpers (even though you need them, it is just to check).
      4) Try compatibility modes

Hope you can fix it. From a quick look around the web, this problems seems unique.
    • Zhusy
      Zhusy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MichaelM
      Hi Spacemarine,

Sorry if I am telling you something you might have already heard. That is all I can think of and as the guys already gave you great advise, I guess it is covered, but it can never hurt to check.

1) Update all Drivers
      2) Check the settings of your Security Software
      3) Try running the client without any other programs in the background - That includes Poker helpers (even though you need them, it is just to check).
      4) Try compatibility modes

Hope you can fix it. From a quick look around the web, this problems seems unique.
      Yes it's unique, so its some .dll/system issue on his PC. You can't either point it to flash directly, it is actually impossible to find out the cause without any log or process tree.
    • SpaceMarine
      SpaceMarine
      Bronze
      how can i work this out then? :(

update by the way:

now after i updated to IE9 and did a complete defrage I cant even log into betfred anymore and open the software (even after a fresh clean reboot).

After entering my password at the login screen it just stops - takes a while and I get the errormessage that the "gamingserver is not responding" (wich is false info)
    • SpaceMarine
      SpaceMarine
      Bronze
      Update:

it seems as tho it actually is an issue with AntiVir (Premium Security Suite)

I uninstalled antivir (wich is not a state i like to keep ) to try and see if it was the reason for the problem

and see. it worked - i can log in again.

how do i need to setup antivir to have protection and use betfred at the same time?
    • Zhusy
      Zhusy
      Bronze
      Update:

it seems as tho it actually is an issue with AntiVir (Premium Security Suite)

I uninstalled antivir (wich is not a state i like to keep ) to try and see if it was the reason for the problem

and see. it worked - i can log in again.

how do i need to setup antivir to have protection and use betfred at the same time?
      You need to e-mail antivir support and ask. I recommend Avast Free instead of AntiVir.
    • MichaelM
      MichaelM
      Bronze
      Glad you found the error.
      Can't you add exceptions for websites and software?

I btw. the Microsoft Essentials. That is not a recommendation, but I had no trouble whatsoever using them so far.