This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 99 on A-high board

• graefe78
      graefe78
      Bronze
      Hi there,

these are the sort of hands I find very hard to play. I raise 99 (from MP1), end up out of position, bet the A-high-flop against a F-draw...

After I get called I only check/fold the turn. Can I call that down? He could be on a F-draw, esp. on the turn and would prolly not fold to a 2nd barrel... or is it the inverse? I doubt he'd fold even any ace... and an ace is clearly in his range... I hate those hands!

Thanks for your thoughts!

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (8 handed) - Party-Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP1 ($10)
      MP2 ($3.50)
      CO ($7.95)
      Button ($10.54)
      SB ($2.29)
      BB ($10)
      UTG ($4.10)
      Hero (UTG+1) ($9.05)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 9, 9
      1 fold, Hero bets $0.40, 2 folds, CO calls $0.40, 3 folds

Flop: ($0.95) 5, A, 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.60, CO calls $0.60

Turn: ($2.15) 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $1.30, Hero folds

Total pot: $2.15
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello graefe78,

Depending a lot on the opponent if he is somewhat passive guy then you can easily even Check/Fold the turn and give it up. If he likes to float a lot, even on A high boards then you might sometimes try even 2nd barreling there. But yes, he wont fold there his Ace anyways to our 2nd barrel.

Best regards.