SH Variance

• 6 replies
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Well ofc for a break even player variance will be sick in any game. I hate 6m variance too, it is lower than HU but I don't have big winrate in 6m so it takes longer to climb out of downfalls.
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Well ofc for a break even player variance will be sick in any game.

Geez, hope I'm not a b/e player :(

Can't belive that's the conclusion I have to draw from being b/e after 400k hands when - if I had got my EV - I would be 50 bi up?
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      There are lots of ways to run bad not only in AIEV obv, but idk, if I had 400k hands b/e stretch i def wouldn't consider myself a winning player. I guess you are marginally winning at best.

that's kinda weird, you seem to be working a lot on your game so I'd expect u to be a solid winner. Maybe tilt much or smething? Tilt def fucks up my 6m wr. :f_biggrin:
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      Can't belive that's the conclusion I have to draw from being b/e after 400k hands when - if I had got my EV - I would be 50 bi up?

your ev is closer to your winrate. so it would be 1.25bb/100+-something which is not marvelous but is no bad

variance is not affected by your winrate, if I raise/fold 99% of the effective stackpreflop every hand I'll have less variance than nanonoko but my winrate would be lol bad
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Well yea, winrate won't determine std dev bb/100 but it will have an impact on the length and size of downers/BE stretches
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Well yea, winrate won't determine std dev bb/100 but it will have an impact on the length and size of downers/BE stretches

Definitely.

And yes, I think tilt must have a lot to do with it. Don't really know what to do about it.

Ho hum.