This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

SH Variance

• 6 replies
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Well ofc for a break even player variance will be sick in any game. I hate 6m variance too, it is lower than HU but I don't have big winrate in 6m so it takes longer to climb out of downfalls.
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Well ofc for a break even player variance will be sick in any game.

Geez, hope I'm not a b/e player :(

Can't belive that's the conclusion I have to draw from being b/e after 400k hands when - if I had got my EV - I would be 50 bi up?
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      There are lots of ways to run bad not only in AIEV obv, but idk, if I had 400k hands b/e stretch i def wouldn't consider myself a winning player. I guess you are marginally winning at best.

that's kinda weird, you seem to be working a lot on your game so I'd expect u to be a solid winner. Maybe tilt much or smething? Tilt def fucks up my 6m wr. :f_biggrin:
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      Can't belive that's the conclusion I have to draw from being b/e after 400k hands when - if I had got my EV - I would be 50 bi up?

your ev is closer to your winrate. so it would be 1.25bb/100+-something which is not marvelous but is no bad

variance is not affected by your winrate, if I raise/fold 99% of the effective stackpreflop every hand I'll have less variance than nanonoko but my winrate would be lol bad
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Well yea, winrate won't determine std dev bb/100 but it will have an impact on the length and size of downers/BE stretches
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Well yea, winrate won't determine std dev bb/100 but it will have an impact on the length and size of downers/BE stretches

Definitely.

And yes, I think tilt must have a lot to do with it. Don't really know what to do about it.

Ho hum.