[NL2-NL10] 88 with initiative against BB. 2nd barrel?

• graefe78
      graefe78
      Bronze
      Hi,

ok, on the flop I make a conti-bet, for value against lower PPs and protection against possible draws (str8/flush) as well as overcards, and to potentially get Tx to fold.

The turn is not too ugly, only a 9 or QJ would have hit, however I decide not to fire a second barrel, as I might already be behind. Dunno if that was a bluff on the river or not, in any case I decided that I don't get the correct pot odds to call his bet. He seemed somewhat aggressive and surely able to float though.

I find these hands tricky to play without stats. But as I use linux (very old computer) and wine doesn't work, I have to play without player stats...

What do I do there? Bet more aggressively on the flop to see where I stand? 2nd barrel?

Thanks a lot!

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (8 handed) - Party-Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG ($4.67)
      UTG+1 ($3.20)
      Hero (MP1) ($10)
      MP2 ($5.69)
      CO ($1.95)
      Button ($3.50)
      SB ($10.15)
      BB ($8.75)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 8, 8
      2 folds, Hero bets $0.40, 4 folds, BB calls $0.30

Flop: ($0.85) 10, 5, K (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.60, BB calls $0.60

Turn: ($2.05) 9 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($2.05) 6 (2 players)
      BB bets $1.30, Hero folds

Total pot: $2.05
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello graefe78,

What do you mean by bet more aggressively on flop? I guess our line should be totally fine unless we know the opponent better.

Best regards.
    • graefe78
      graefe78
      Bronze
      Thanks veriz!

I thought of maybe betting closer to pot size (between 0.7 and 0.8). though i guess there's not much i can achieve with it. if he calls, i still don't know if he's on a draw, or on Kx/Tx... and I would likely push the draws out, which I don't want to do.

I can't/shouldn't 2nd barrel the turn, I guess...
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by graefe78
      Thanks veriz!

I thought of maybe betting closer to pot size (between 0.7 and 0.8). though i guess there's not much i can achieve with it. if he calls, i still don't know if he's on a draw, or on Kx/Tx... and I would likely push the draws out, which I don't want to do.

I can't/shouldn't 2nd barrel the turn, I guess...
      Usually the 2nd barrel there is for free showdown from draws or whatsoever but yes, often times I just skip it vs unknown.