RIVER ($6.60) A:spade: 8:heart: 6:heart: 3:diamond: 9:heart:

Hero bets $4, CO raises to $8, Hero folds

CO wins $13.64

39/6/2.3 194hands

PRE: stand i can rasie bigger
      F: i put him Ax or FD so i betstrong i thinks bet pot is better
      T: ok
      R: and river play i consider three thinks

shove for value form Ax hands i must win 2:1 to get profit but this is marginal profit so i thinks this is not optimal play.

thinblockbet 2,5$ and fold ok but when i loose then looose but when he has Ax hand i miss value.

normal vb or bigger vb - i loose more then he has flush but get more value when i ahed.

so what play you like and why?
  • 7 replies
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Preflop, flop and turn play were fine.

Why betting the river if we intend to fold to raise? When we bet, calling is a must when we payed so much money in the pot. If you're not sure, you can check/call. I wouldn't fold in this situation I would probably check-call.
    • deivid2
      deivid2
      Global
      why do you c/c river this play not make sense worse hand never bet so you calls and always loose vs flush :)

why bet/f becouse he never bluff this spot so he has flusha alwyas.
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Originally posted by deivid2
      why do you c/c river this play not make sense worse hand never bet so you calls and always loose vs flush :)

why bet/f becouse he never bluff this spot so he has flusha alwyas.
      A9, maybe even A8 could valuebet this river. You can't really expect he's drawing when calling big bets on flop and turn. If he has AKh (AQh) that's really a bad luck but other than that what could he have?

If he has set of 8, he's at least raising turn for value and protection.

What hand did you put him on? His pfr is 6% => that contains 88+, AQo+ and ATs+. Since he's limping so much, he must have some inferior hand to that.

I'm almost sure he doesn't call two streets with only FD, maybe some A8 or even A9 come into consideration. I agree many flushes get there but by checking you give yourself a chance to see it for free or think about it when he makes his move.
    • diversfx
      diversfx
      Silver
      2 option come to mind
      If you put them on Ax PF I would CR the flop.
      If you think suited connector PF Bet flop maybe even over bet.

Just some thoughts
    • deivid2
      deivid2
      Global
      I'm almost sure he doesn't call two streets with only FD

i disagreee you 100% he almost alwyas calls two times when he have FD. If he has Set or two pars he almost alwyas rasie flop or turn, river he never minrasie 2paris for thin value he alwyas scary flush of course.

And my line looks super strong i play like this only TPTK, Sets or flush so when he rasie here he never have worse hand.
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Originally posted by deivid2
      i disagree you 100% he almost always calls two times when he have FD. If he has Set or two pars he almost alwyas rasie flop or turn, river he never minrasie 2paris for thin value he always scary flush of course.

And my line looks super strong i play like this only TPTK, Sets or flush so when he raises here he never have worse hand.
      I agree, his line looks strong. What concrete hand do you have in mind (except those 6%)? Calling pot size bet on turn with only FD??

He's calling you two streets... why are we betting the river when he showed strength on two previous streets and we can't find a hand he would just cold call and not raise us? I don't see any value in betting. Even 1/3 pot bet I don't like. I would check it and if he bets small I would probably call it.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello deivid2,

I don't really like Check/Call on river for the reason that he is capable of Checking behind a lot of Ax type of hands there which think that they are weak. Therefore I am as well betting on river, although I am doing it a bit smaller like $3 to be able to fold to the raise.

Best regards.