UTG+1: $7.01
      MP: $2.64
      MP+1: $8.57
      LP: $5.24
      Hero (CO): $12.12
      BTN: $3.95

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero has J:heart: J:spade:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.15, fold, fold, LP calls $0.15, Hero calls $0.15, BTN calls $0.15, fold, BB calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.77, 5 players) 8:club: 5:diamond: 4:diamond:
      BB checks, UTG+1 checks, LP checks, Hero bets $0.50, fold, fold, UTG+1 calls $0.50, fold

Turn: ($1.77, 2 players) K:spade:
      UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $0.55, UTG+1 calls $0.55

River: ($2.87, 2 players) 2:club:
      UTG+1 bets $5.81 and is all-in, fold

UTG+1 wins $2.68
  • 7 replies
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Preflop play: I would think about raising. JJ are not that strong but you sure want to isolate and don't want blinds to enter the hand. Against 5 players your hand will be very hard to play postflop. So raise preflop to let's say $0,70.

How played flop play is ok.

Turn play I really don't like. You're bet is small and looks weak and at the same time you're building the pot for hand you don't like so much anymore. I would go for pot control and simply check behind.

River play: How played I think it's an easy fold. I'm not sure how big bet I would call in this spot. If he checks I would probably just check behind.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello ruvince,

Preflop: Depends a lot against what kind of opponent are we against, if he are against some nit then Calling here is totally fine and playing for set value.
      Turn: Rather bet it bigger like $1,40.
      River: And not much you can do vs such a shove than just fold it.

Best regards.
    • ruvince
      ruvince
      Bronze
      Yeah I guess if I made a big enough bet on turn, he wouldn't go all-in on river. Thanx!
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      I have a question on this. What about checking the turn back ? Might induce him to bluff the river with some weaker PPs or A high ?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by acceleration123
      I have a question on this. What about checking the turn back ? Might induce him to bluff the river with some weaker PPs or A high ?
      We likely betting for free showdown and as well protection from any kind of draws. What's your plan if some draws arrive and he bets near pot? We just wont know where we stand but while we bet the turn we make us the decision pretty easy and can fold.
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Originally posted by veriz
      Originally posted by acceleration123
      We likely betting for free showdown and as well protection from any kind of draws. What's your plan if some draws arrive and he bets near pot? We just wont know where we stand but while we bet the turn we make us the decision pretty easy and can fold.
      He is not likely to have SD since he raised pfr from UTG his range should be stronger. There´s only FD to protect against but is that really necessary ?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      He is not likely to have SD since he raised pfr from UTG his range should be stronger. There´s only FD to protect against but is that really necessary ?

Then Check/Fold both streets. :) Rather get value from draws and as well from maybe even weaker hands + for free showdown than make some idiotic hero Call.