[NL20-NL50] NL20 SH AKo SB vs BTN calling station

• gonepoker
      gonepoker
      Bronze
      No-Limit Hold'em, $0.20 BB (4 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($17.54)
      Hero (SB) ($21.36)
      BB ($38.11)
      UTG ($23.50)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, K
      1 fold, Button bets $0.80, Hero calls $0.70, BB calls $0.60

Flop: ($2.40) 10, 8, A (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, Button bets $2, Hero raises $6, 1 fold, Button calls $4

Turn: ($14.40) 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $14.46, Button calls $10.74 (All-In)

River: ($35.88) 9 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $35.88

Hello.
      BTN has similar to calling station type player stats: VPIP 34, PFR 7, WTSD 27, F t cbet 67, 75 Hands. 75 hands isn't much so don't know if I should rely on them.
      BB is 12/10 nit.
      Pf I just called because didn't want to play OOP but it seems like he folds on flop if he doesn't hit so maybe 3b is still good decision? his open raise on btn is 14%.
      On the flop I wanted to get it in against him because of wet board. Strange that he just called my c/r. What range should I give him? Flush draws, straight draws, weak one pair type hands?
      Turn card was pretty ugly but I shoved because he had like 2/3 pot size bet and probably would call with JdX,QdX,KdX,TxXd and of course AdX.
      What do you think about my play and how would you play? Thanks!
  • 2 replies
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Preflop: 3bet here for sure (fold to 4bet).

As played...
      Flop: Raise higher like ~$8.50, if he is on draws you want him to pay for it, if he has Ax, you beat it.

Turn: We're often beat, I might just c/c or c/f...

Overall if you had 3bet preflop, you could have shipped it in on the flop due higher potsize.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      sometimes calling for deception is not bad, but default play is to 3-bet to get HU and if he 4-bets then you can shove AK that spot for value
      Postflop: flop c/r is fine. Since you´re likely pot committed to any turn card then you don´t have to c/r too big.
      If you had any extra equity with fd I like your shove, but here I think maybe check is better and then try to check it down.
      If you think he´d call your turn shove with any Ax hand, then it is fine, but you really don´t want to make situation where you only get called by better hands
      If he shoves I´d likely have to call, but this way I also give him to bluff/shove with worse hands