[NL2-NL10] NL10 AJs from CO

• acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Silver
      Pre-flop: Is flatting ok or should I just 3bet such a min-raise and take it down right there ?

Post-flop ok ?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Known players:
      MP1:
      $11.97
      MP2:
      $6.60
      MP3:
      $16.28
      CO (Hero):
      $10.00
      BU:
      $8.25
      SB:
      $23.93
      BB:
      $10.00
      UTG2:
      $3.88

Preflop: Hero is CO with A, J.
      UTG2 raises to $0.20, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.20, SB folds, BB calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.65) A, 6, 6 (3 players)
      BB checks, UTG2 bets $0.40, Hero calls $0.40, BB folds.

Turn: ($1.45) 3 (2 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero bets $0.60, UTG2 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.45.
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello acceleration123,

Preflop: The problem with raise there is that he has pretty small stack and he can easily go broke there with a lot of hands while I am not really sure if I want that. Therefore I guess against the min-raise Calling should be totally fine while as well we have position.
      Postflop: Seems to be fine, although I'd bet bigger on turn ~$0,90 to protect from the flushdraw.

Best regards.
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Silver
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello acceleration123,

Preflop: The problem with raise there is that he has pretty small stack and he can easily go broke there with a lot of hands while I am not really sure if I want that. Therefore I guess against the min-raise Calling should be totally fine while as well we have position.
      Postflop: Seems to be fine, although I'd bet bigger on turn ~$0,90 to protect from the flushdraw.

Best regards.
      One more question here :) . Do I take into consideration implied odds here preflop ? Or it doesn´t really matter with this kind of hand ?

With strong hands like AK, JJ+ I am going broke against shorties, with PPs it´s not worth calling because they don´t have enough money to pay me off with. But what about these mediocre holdings like AJ,AT,JQ ... should I play them against shortstacks or fold them ?
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      u dont have too much implied odds with shorties or even midstacks. better to play hands with showdown value like high cards and pp as opposed to things like suited connectors
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      One more question here :) . Do I take into consideration implied odds here preflop ? Or it doesn´t really matter with this kind of hand ?

Of course our implied odds are pretty good while we can easily hit even flushdraw and as well any other things which we likely will go broke.

[Invalid Youtube Video]
      Depends a lot on the shorty if he is some good shorty with strategy then rather even try to avoid such thing as AT, AJ, AQ and go broke against him with very strong hands.