[NL2-NL10] NL2 AJo

• AjoPP1
      AjoPP1
      Bronze
      No reads or indicative stas on villains. On the turn I was pretty confident about my hand when it got checked and CO minbet so decided to raise. The 5 OTT looked good to me because it reduced the chance of having a set of 5 by either of them. Obviously when UTG 3bet AI I knew I was behind but couldnt fold against his stack. River was a brick but decided to rather go for a check/call.

What could I have played differently??

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (8 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

CO ($1.40)
      Button ($0.66)
      SB ($0.76)
      Hero (BB) ($2.02)
      UTG ($0.80)
      UTG+1 ($2.14)
      MP1 ($3.50)
      MP2 ($1.32)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J, A
      UTG bets $0.06, 1 fold, MP1 calls $0.06, 1 fold, CO calls $0.04, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.04

Flop: ($0.25) 9, 5, A (4 players)
      Hero checks, UTG bets $0.12, 1 fold, CO calls $0.12, Hero calls $0.12

Turn: ($0.61) 5 (3 players)
      Hero checks, UTG checks, CO bets $0.02, Hero raises to $0.30, UTG raises to $0.62 (All-In), CO calls $0.60, Hero calls $0.32

River: ($2.47) 4 (3 players, 1 all-in)
      Hero checks, CO checks

Total pot: $2.47 | Rake: $0.16
      Main pot: $2.47 between CO, Hero and UTG, won by UTG

Results below:
      Hero had J, A (two pair, Aces and fives).
      UTG had 9, 9 (full house, nines over fives).
      CO had A, 2 (two pair, Aces and fives).
      Outcome: UTG won $2.31
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello AjoPP1,

Preflop: That's exactly why I even sometimes would say just fold the hand if you can't fold your TP postflop being in such a multiway pot. You will be OOP and as well you will never even know where you at with your Ax. Although it's doable if you feel yourself comfortable enough.

As played
      Flop: While there are still a lot draws, I might just donk myself here to find out where we stand and as well try to protect.
      Turn: As you played rather for pot control and then saw such a small min-bet then rather as well raise it bigger ~$0,65, just to put the other guy all-in if he decides to join. Otherwise as played, while you still should be able to ship the moneyz then I would likely do it while he even doesn't have a full stack.

As played if turn was called
      River: Rather just ship yourself if you plan to Check/Call anyways. He is going to Check behind a lot worse hands while he still could Call you with them.

Best regards.