[NL2-NL10] 77 limp

• skitsamma
      skitsamma
      Bronze
      This was not a complicated hand but for some reason i felt a little lost thruout the entire hand. I would realy appreciate some thoughts on the hand an my analyze. Excuse me if my english is not so great

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      BU (Hero):
      $12.34
      SB:
      $9.60
      BB:
      $9.50
      UTG2:
      $4.15
      MP1:
      $5.11
      MP2:
      $4.96
      MP3:
      $14.39
      CO:
      $5.00

Preflop: Hero is BU with 7, 7.
      CO posts deadblind, UTG2 calls $0.10, 3 folds, CO checks, Hero calls $0.10, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.45) 9, 7, 5 (4 players)
      BB bets $0.40, UTG2 calls $0.40, CO folds, Hero calls $0.40.

Turn: ($1.65) J (3 players)
      BB checks, UTG2 bets $1.17, Hero calls $1.17, BB folds.

River: ($3.99) 3 (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $2.48, Hero calls $2.48.

Final Pot: $8.95.

My analyze

Preflopp
      The call preflopp i think is ok, hopeing to flopp a set in a multiwaypot instead of raising and probably get atleast one call and playing a big pot with a small pair.

Flopp
      Here is where i think i made a big misstake. Flopped a set on a pretty scary board. Obviously i should have but in a big raise. I actually dont know why i didnt.

Turn
      Ok, Flushdraws missed. The less likely open ended straight draw would now be complete. I most likely have the best hand here. A lot of bad cards for the river. I am not laying the set here, push?

River
      Here i think i made an ok call. I assume he would make this bet with any toppair or twopair, a smaller set and sometimes even as a bluff with a medium pair or a missed staraight, altough not likely concidering hes previous bets.

At the end of the day i belive my big misstake was not to make a big raise on the flopp. Now that i didnt i think i should have put him allin on the turn and got called with alot of worse hands including flushdraws.

Please let me know what your thoughts. Maybe you would have raised preflopp or folded on the river ?
  • 3 replies
    • phantommm92
      phantommm92
      Bronze
      just raise the flop to maybe 1,5-1,6 otherwise, as played, shove turn

tho with the dead blind and fish limping i would defo raise preflop
    • kevvu
      kevvu
      Bronze
      Hey,
      Pre-flop looks good cause u will be on multiway pot and with your 77 u will just fold a lot of times.
      Yep on flop raise big even 2$. As played u should at least raise on turn. On that river i will fold on multiway hand. Cause, he most likely has FL or straight.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      yeah I also like flop raise. if you want you can make it huge, but I would generally just make around 1.5$ to give also better odds hands that are almost drawing to dead, like just one pair hands
      I think you can put him all-in on the turn, since you´re going to call his shove anyway on the river.
      River call is fine