This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Frequent Disconnection Problems

• YinYangS
      YinYangS
      Bronze
      Is it my internet connection or their software is just too complex?

I don't experience that frequent disconnection on stars. And if I do, I immediately reconnects.

But on Party Poker, I get tilted because I can't play well because of those frequent disconnections! And what's worst, it's the inconsistency. I play 4 tables. 2 tables are saying "Establishing Connection" while the other two are just playing normally so I think, "GOD DAMMIT!" :s_evil:

That's the reason why I withdrew all my cash there in my Party Poker account. Now, since I have cash there again since I won $80 in a freeroll, I decided to experiment again on Sit&Gos but those disconnections are damn killing me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :s_evil:
  • 3 replies
    • DtotheC
      DtotheC
      Bronze
      It is possible that their software uses a higher amount of bandwidth per table, however it is equally possible that it is your internet connection.

If it has happened consistently over the course of a number of weeks/months, then I would say it would be the first, if it is only a couple of times or just recently, then I would think it would be the second option.
    • nophun
      nophun
      Bronze
      Was getting to be pretty standard for party poker a few months ago.
      Has been good for this month at least. I had some issue today. but nothing serious never missed a hand or any actions.

It got brought up on 2p2, Party_Rep never answered iirc.
    • MichaelM
      MichaelM
      Bronze
      Hey YinYangS,

That doesn't sound normal to me. Of course no internet based service is safe from disconnects, but that seems a little much.
      May I ask what internet connection and setup you are using?

If you are unsure, you can check that on this website: Speedtest. Please check and post the results.

Based on this, I can give you and Party feedback.

I am looking forward to your reply.