The Road Is Long, Micro SnGs to who knows where!

• sdsbates
      sdsbates
      Bronze
      Hi, i have just joined PS.com, have recieved my starting capital (on cake poker) and have decided to start this blog to record my results and maybe share the odd hand or two.
      I started playing online many years ago, i love the game but like a lot of players i think i am better than i probably am! The sites i am playing on mainly (at the moment anyway) are Cake Poker and Pokerstars.
      On Cake i have been playing the 6-max $1 SnGs (with 500 starting stacks) and on pokerstars i have been mixing it up a bit playing $1.75 9 man turbos and have started to play the new 50/Fiftys (from $1 up to $5) i also play a few MTTs. My bankrolls are as follows:-

Cake BR :- $48.78
      Pokerstars BR:- $75.41

I guess i need to set some goals, its difficult for me to set aside quality time for poker on a regular basis, i can multi table (i usually run 4 tables, but have done 10 in the past).

Goals
      Increase my bankroll so i can play the $5 50/Fiftys and or the $6.50 9 man turbos on stars.
      Increase my bankroll so i can play the $4.60 + $0.40 10 man turbo SnGs on Cake Poker.

I will mainly play SnGs but when time permits i will try some MTTs (on stars) to hopefully boost my bankroll.

Wish me luck!

(My SN on Pokerstars and Cake Poker is stevethebook)
  • 6 replies
    • Salivanth
      Salivanth
      Bronze
      Good luck, man. The micro SNG's are really fun, hopefully Cake doesn't have that KILLER 20% rake (Though on 500 starting stack games I doubt they do) on the 1-dollar tourneys like Full Tilt and PokerStars.
    • sdsbates
      sdsbates
      Bronze
      Thanks. Played a session yesterday. Played 12 $1.08 50/50s on stars. Won $0.50. It's hard going, but I am enjoying playing them. They are good fun on the bubble when you have a big stack!
    • sdsbates
      sdsbates
      Bronze
      Obviously its been a fair while since I posted here. To be honest I fell out of love with poker. Tilt got to me, and I just couldn't face playing, so I took a break, played the occasional SNG but basically just took time out. Which has helped me, because I realize that poker is a hard game on the emotions the swings have been hard for me to take.
      I am back now, and not sure what has changed, guess I feel a bit calmer, and a bit more understanding of the game. I expect swings, I expect bad beats, they are poker! All I can do is try and make the best decisions I can, that's what I want to concentrate on. At the moment I am playing $1 SNGs, and have been watching some of the videos on this site along with reading some of the articles, the journey continues!
    • sdsbates
      sdsbates
      Bronze
      Thought i would do an update as I haven't posted in a while. Things have been going fairly well. I deposited £10 into paradise poker and managed to run it up to £26 playing €1.10 SNGs. Haven't put a great deal of volume in, mainly due to work! But its good to play one table and really concentrate on making good decisions. I have moved my very modest bankroll to poker770, my main reason is that I can earn a decent amount of strategy points and get to silver. I have been studying Colin moshmans book away from the tables, especially the chapters on high blind play as this is an area of my game I need to improve. Looking forward to getting to silver so I can study the new videos and articles. At the moment I am playing the standard $1.20 games on poker770, I have a bankroll of $93.39, so will be looking to move up to the $2.40 games once I hit the $120 mark. Will try and post more often and up the volume a bit!
    • sdsbates
      sdsbates
      Bronze
      Looks like i will be silver in no time! Only need to play 10 consecutive days and i'm there! Unfortunately i have been doing quite a few hours at work, so havent been able to put in any great volume. I guess i should be setting a goal for volume, will give it some thought and post here!
    • sdsbates
      sdsbates
      Bronze
      It's been a while since I last posted, real life commitments have stopped me from playing the amount of poker I would like to play. At the moment I have most of my bankroll in poker770 as the site has the best rate for earning strategy points. Have started playing $2.40 turbo SnGs, the 20% rake on these games is a bit steep for my liking but I will see how I go. Currently at silver status so I am looking to digest all the silver articles and videos to up my knowledge and improve my game. Hopefully I should be able to see some improved results at the tables!