• 4 replies
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Yes. Aren't they the same ranges?
    • JinBlack
      JinBlack
      Bronze
      no. for example you open raise in a fullringgame k5s from BU but shorthanded you open raise K2s. shorthanded is much looser:

you open raise in FR in the SB with J5s J8o T6s T8o Q4s Q8o,
      shorthanded it is J2s J5o T3s Q2s Q4o.

and there is something weird at mp3, there you open raise
      at FR games with A5s but shorthanded with A6s, shorthanded is here one kicker tighter.

well, you can see the charts in the strategy section.

the fullring article says you can raise looser, the charts are only tighter because of the expierience which a newbie lacks. i think the SH chart is also good at FR from mp2 and later.

i think i can raise A5s from mp3 at a SH table too. when i can raise this at FR i could do it at SH tables too with longterm +EV.

what do you think?
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      IMO treat MP2 - SB the same in both. I always did. If anything, FR opponent ranges should tend to be tighter so it should be fine.

Re the A5 v A6, if you equilate these v random hands, you'll see that A5 is actually stronger due to the ability to make wheel straights.
    • Boomer2k10
      Boomer2k10
      Bronze
      To be honest given how tight most FR players play I'd actually be tempted to be slightly looser than usual in later position

One of the most profitable things I did coming up was game creating at FR tables. While the games were short it was bliss.

But on the whole yes I'd say MP2 and in you can use the SH chart.