This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 SH A9s IP

• Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      Early in the session the CO opened about 4 hands in a row so I decided to take a flop IP with suited A9 and one of the blinds come along.
      It is checked to me on the flop so I check because I think it makes my percieved range stronger. SB checks and the CO makes a Half pot bet. I'm pretty sure he would have bet the flop with an overpair, I have flush outs, and because I checked the flop, I think my range can include 8x here and I think I can often make him fold so I make a semibluff raise to 3x his bet. The SB flats which confuses me and the CO folds. SB checks the river so I figure he has some kind of worse flushor some kind of 7x so I bet for value. Is my line okay here?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $4.9
      CO:
      $4.44
      Hero:
      $6.22

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.98 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:club: , 9:club:
      MP3 folds, CO raises to $0.15, Hero calls $0.15, SB calls $0.13, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.50) 8:spade: , 8:diamond: , 7:club: (3 players)
      SB checks, CO checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($0.50) 4:club: (3 players)
      SB checks, CO bets $0.25, Hero raises to $0.75, SB calls $0.75, CO folds.

River: ($2.25) Q:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.6, SB calls $1.60.

Final Pot: $5.45

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (Ac 9c)
      SB shows a full-house, fours full of eights (4h 4s)

SB wins with a full-house, fours full of eights (4h 4s)
  • 3 replies
    • diversfx
      diversfx
      Bronze
      All I'm going to say this time is man you get in some funky spots.I want too see what the judge says.
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by diversfx
      All I'm going to say this time is man you get in some funky spots.I want too see what the judge says.
      For sure! I never expect the SB to call here. It's almost as if people try to play their hand strangely to annoy me!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Meemawuk,

I guess I am more often just betting the flop, although your line is somehow reasonable as well. But the problem is that they are just too fishy and I don't expect them to fold any pairs here that often.

Best regards.