This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 SH KQo blind defend vs button.

• Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      how can you play 6/4 at NL5 6-max?

Player had no stats as he had just joined the table. I call because my hand is okay vs most peoples button range. I flop TP and play check call. I turn OESFD and call the turn too. Could I ever play check-raise on the turn?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $4.97
      BU:
      $5.57

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.98 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:club: , Q:heart:
      3 folds, BU raises to $0.20, SB folds, Hero calls $0.15.

Flop: ($0.42) K:heart: , J:heart: , 4:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.3, Hero calls $0.30.

Turn: ($1.02) T:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.85, Hero calls $0.85.

River: ($2.72) 4:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

Final Pot: $2.72

Results follow (highlight to see):
      BU shows a straight, ace high (Ac Qc)
      Hero shows (Kc Qh)

BU wins with a straight, ace high (Ac Qc)
  • 3 replies
    • diversfx
      diversfx
      Bronze
      maybe even just donk the flop for protection value,or as played CR the flop for protection /value.
      The turn is just the worst both draws complete. i think B/F but calling isn't the worst play either. JMHO
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by diversfx
      maybe even just donk the flop for protection value,or as played CR the flop for protection /value.
      The turn is just the worst both draws complete. i think B/F but calling isn't the worst play either. JMHO
      Yeah the turn sucks because if creates the illusion that I'm drawing to loads of outs when I can actually be drawing pretty thin, or to a chop.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Meemawuk,

Don't know how you can play with those stats on 6max. :D But I guess your line should be totally fine for the reason that it would be ugly if for example we donk the turn and then get raised.

Best regards.