2 reraises = ?

• roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Hello everyone :P

Got another dumb question for you!!! :P

I'm playing sss and have been folding if there are two raises in front of me, but this morning I was thinking about this (very unusual for me lol) if someone raises then someone calls the raise is this two raises or one raise with a caller?
      As I have been folding to this with hands and not sure if I should be ?

Roo :P
  • 5 replies
    • Kodark
      Kodark
      Bronze
      1 raise.

Dont think the chart is something to swear by.

Have a look at what people on your table are raising with whenever you get to see their cards.

Some people will raise 5BB with really bad hands like J2o.

Also size of stack is important. If someone with a large stack is raising before you, you should be less intimidated than if some rock with a short stack raises.
    • Wurble
      Wurble
      Silver
      I'm no SSS expert but doesn't the fact that 1 raise + 1 call = better pot odds therefore you can stack off with a wider range? I know it's nothing to do with the question you asked which has already been answered but something to think about.
    • Kodark
      Kodark
      Bronze
      I started with SSS also and while its good for a beginner i dont think its that great. I mean it teaches you discipline which is good. But when you are playing so tight like that and you shove cowboys into rockets because you did everything the chart says you feel really gutted.

I recommend MSS its much more mould able and enjoyable to play and will teach you more about the game with the same amount of risk.
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kodark
      I started with SSS also and while its good for a beginner i dont think its that great. I mean it teaches you discipline which is good. But when you are playing so tight like that and you shove cowboys into rockets because you did everything the chart says you feel really gutted.

I recommend MSS its much more mould able and enjoyable to play and will teach you more about the game with the same amount of risk.
      Was looking at the mss articles yesterday and I think I would enjoy playing mss much more.
      The sss has been good for me as it has really showed me about position and playing tight but it would be nice to play a few more hands!!! :P
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      when playing SSS, your 20bb stack size does not give you a great fold equity in 3bet situations. A lot of people think "I am not folding to a mere 20bb" and that is their mistake. When there is a raise and a call, it can be a good situation with a bigger stack to squeeze with weaker hands, but as SSS your fold equity reduces as you need to make 2 people fold.