This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] 25 sh Aks vs strange line

• DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

SB ($31.04)
      BB ($25)
      UTG ($25)
      MP ($17.96)
      Hero (Button) ($26.36)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A, K
      1 fold, MP calls $0.25, Hero bets $1.50, 1 fold, BB calls $1.25, MP calls $1.25

Flop: ($4.60) 2, A, 7 (3 players)
      BB checks, MP bets $1, Hero raises to $4.56, BB calls $4.56, 1 fold

Turn: ($14.72) 9 (2 players)
      BB bets $7, Hero folds

Total pot: $14.72 | Rake: $0.73

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I was pretty astonished by his quick cold calling my raise on the flop and imo it screams of a mosnter hand afraid of shoving because he doesnt want to get weaker hands out of the pot.

I dont see him taking that line with a draw on the flop as he would probably just shove it or anyway maybe just think a little about calling that big of a bet with a flush draw imo.
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      It is difficult situation and if you really don´t see him taking that line with draws or Ax hands then fold is fine.
      But there are very few hand combinations that beat you: 77/22 and sometimes A7s, A2s, sometimes As9s so if you´re always folding these spots you´re quite exploitable. but if you don´t face too often these situations, folding is fine