Guys be careful - poker rooms send incorrect information

• InspectorClueso
      InspectorClueso
      Bronze
      Here's the text of a promotional email I received from William Hill regading PokerStrategies 10,000 freeroll on that site:

Hi Alan,

Our exclusive $10,000 New Depositors freeroll in January was a BIG SUCCESS!

So we have decided to team up with PokerStrategy.com once again and run another freeroll.

The prizepool will be $10,000 and if you want to participate, you just need to make a deposit of at least $20 between February 25th 00:00 GMT and March 13th 12:00 GMT.

If this is your first deposit, you will also get a bonus of 200% up to $600.

The freeroll takes place on March 13th, 15:00 GMT and the registration starts at 13:00

You can find the tournament in the William Hill Poker software by clicking on the Tournaments Tab >> WH Exclusive >> $10.000 PS depositors freeroll.

You see where it says March 13th 12:00 GMT?

Noooo, that's not correct. It closed on March 12 at midnight.

So I go deposit on the morning on March 13 thinking I could play in this big freeroll and I can't.

Very Freaking annoying. watch out for this kind of crap from these guys.

Alan
  • 3 replies
    • InspectorClueso
      InspectorClueso
      Bronze
      Oh, suggestion regarding my previous post - PokerStrategy - protect your members by getting on the backs of the poker rooms and making sure this doesn't happen.

I feel like asking for compensation of some sort.

Also, this could have perhaps been sorted out on the 13th if William Hill's online support was in fact there. They bhave an önline support" button but there's no-one there.

All in all - cheap and shoddy
    • Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      Hey Alan,

very sorry to hear about that. We'll try and get behind this and get back to you as soon as we know more.

Due to a bank holiday here in Gibraltar, this might take until tomorrow.

Hadi
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi Alan,

Good news!

You will be added to the $1.000 freeroll on the 28th of March. As you qualified automatically for the one on 21st because of your deposit, you can now play in two freeroll tournament.

Good luck and keep us updated.

Ingrid