[NL20-NL50] Aces on wet board

• vmarqui
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      CO (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is CO with A, A.
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0.25, 3 folds, Hero raises to $1.25, 3 folds, UTG2 calls $1.00.

Flop: ($2.85) 7, T, 8 (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $1.50, Hero calls $1.50.

Turn: ($5.85) 5 (2 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero bets $3.25, UTG2 calls $3.25.

River: ($12.35) 4 (2 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $12.35.

Villain is a whale. Not very aggressive.
      On river I didn't bet because I thought i would be behind most of the times.
      But on flop, would it have been better to reraise? he's a 72/2 in 50 hands, so no doubt he will be holding draws a lot of times, as well as a pair/double pair, or draw+pair. Question is if it's to raise or call.
  • 3 replies
    • slimy3
      I'm still v-betting the river. Yeah, 6x is in his range but also a lot of Tx and also 99/JJ/QQ. I'm thinking about sets - he is passive but even that kind of player know they should raise sets on that kind of board. And definetly with set he would bet the turn.
    • ragney
      RAISE!!!!!!!! FLOP. The board is wet as hell, fucking raise it, and big as well. Like ~$8

As played...
      Turn: I am also betting for value
      River: I'm checking here as well. We won't get called by many worse.
    • Kaitz20
      you can raise flop, but likely against that player you have to fold to 3-bet, since he shouldn´t get all-in too many worse hands
      But if you don´t feel comfortable doing that or playing for stacks, then call is also fine. I´d bet more on the turn to 4$-5$ to get value all his pairs or draws and also valuebet river 6$.
      If he had two pair or straight he would lead out river, and he would call you down with one pair hand, so no reason to think you´re beat and check back very strong hand