[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Fr 77

• KillerFishes
      KillerFishes
      Bronze
      12/7/2/6agg/273hands

Pre: easy call
      Flop: I wasn't sure if he hit something there.. He will mostly miss it and I wasn't sure if he will continue with TPTK there so I just wanted to let him a freecard.
      Turn: Very good card for me, actually I was planning c/r here. When he checked I was a little confused, however, I was sure he has very big hand (two pairs) I didn't find any better reason for checking behind by guy with 6 agression :)
      River: Didn't change my plan at all I wanted play for stack still ... He will often go broke with two pairs there so I donk bet here and I thought that is exactly what he wants => he shoved as I expected and called him .. :)

Sometimes I can even induce bluff with missed FD/SD because I took such a passive line against this opponent...

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      BB (Hero):
      $17.50
      UTG1:
      $10.34
      UTG2:
      $10.00
      MP1:
      $10.59
      MP2:
      $11.75
      MP3:
      $24.39
      CO:
      $10.00
      BU:
      $11.00
      SB:
      $5.02

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7, 7.
      3 folds, MP2 raises to $0.30, MP3 folds, CO calls $0.30, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.95) 7, 2, J (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $0.70, CO folds, Hero calls $0.70.

Turn: ($2.35) A (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 checks.

River: ($2.35) K (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.79, MP2 raises to $10.75(All-In), Hero calls $8.96.

Final Pot: $23.85.

Results follow:

MP2 shows three of a kind, kings(Ks Kh).
      Hero shows three of a kind, sevens(7d 7s).

MP2 wins with three of a kind, kings(Ks Kh).
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello KillerFishes,

Flop: I'd just Check/Raise against him here being OOP it will be hard to extract value anyways. And if could easily be that he is just Checking behind on turn when we trying to Check/Raise.

As played
      River: How many 2pairs do you think he would Check behind on turn? Only reasonable 2pair type of hand is KJ and not that many combos of them. More often I am inclined to Bet/Fold this when he decides to shove over our bet. We will just face too often very strong hands there which easily beat us. And KK is very likely since he Checked behind on turn while got scared of A. And do you really think that he would go crazy with 2pairs like that on river? But if you think that he would have played the same way with 2pairs there and make the shove then I guess you might get the correct odds to Call, although I am still not a big fan of it.

Best regards.