[NL2-NL10] AJs

• diversfx
      diversfx
      Silver
      Ok I think I played this right until the turn? Turn I have no idea what was going through my head.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $1.14
      BU:
      $0.74

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.98 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:spade: , J:spade:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, CO folds, BU calls $0.08, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.19) 8:heart: , 4:spade: , 2:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.14, BU calls $0.14.

Turn: ($0.47) Q:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.45, BU raises to $0.52 (All-In), Hero calls $0.07.

River: ($1.51) K:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $1.51

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a flush, ace high (As Js)
      BU shows (8s 8c)

Hero wins with a flush, ace high (As Js)
  • 3 replies
    • mineriva
      mineriva
      Bronze
      Preflop and flop played According to the MSS-Postflop chart.

Turn you can only bet if you believe you have a monster draw which I do not believe. After you decided to bet the turn you cannot fold to the allin.
      Also having regard to the stack size: If you betting the turn just go allin.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey diversfx,

Preflop and flop are well played. On the turn though you only have a nutflushdraw which should be check/folded according to the postflop chart. When in doubt just look at the charts, it might be a wise idea to print them out to have them next to your computer when you play untill you know them by heart.

However, I would still push the turn, because villain could have called you with overcards on the flop because the board isn't dangerous and he can still fold a hand like 2x/4x/low PPs or even weak 8x when the queen shows up on the turn and even when you get called you still have lots of outs to improve. In short you can expect quite high fold equity on the turn and also your equity is big,so check/folding the hand would be too weak here.

The charts will prevent you from making any bigger mistakes although simple charts are not always optimal play.

Regards,
      burek2000
    • diversfx
      diversfx
      Silver
      I think I had him on pure air after flop,so huge semi-bluff turn although why I didn't just shove. After he called I'm never folding in this spot.

Should he have RR the flop with trips on that board?