[NL2-NL10] jj

• diversfx
      diversfx
      Silver
      With this small number of hands was this the right play?
      I think because I will be OOP post flop calling is not really an option?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $0.75
      MP3:
      $1.43
      BU:
      $0.73

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.98 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J:spade: , J:club:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, MP3 calls $0.08, CO folds, BU raises to $0.28, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.75 (All-In), MP3 folds, BU calls $0.45 (All-In).

Flop: ($1.59) K:spade: , 3:club: , 2:club:
      Turn: ($1.59) 6:spade:
      River: ($1.59) 9:diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $1.59

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of jacks (Js Jc)
      BU shows (As Qd)

Hero wins with a pair of jacks (Js Jc)
  • 4 replies
    • mineriva
      mineriva
      Bronze
      According to MSS - Raising chart you should raise JJ for value but fold to a reraise.
      According to the basic SSS handhout you should raise JJ and ship to a reraise.

You have 37.5 BB so you should raise/fold.

I believe that given enough data (hands) we could ship JJ but villian should have like 8% 3bet from button and 0% fold to 4bet.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey diversfx,

According to charts you should fold to the 3-bet with JJ when you raise from MP and I also think that's the better and safest option without any solid stats or reads. Although going all-in is not a big mistake because of the dead money cold caller contributed in the pot and BU can squeeze somewhat lighter than he regularly 3-bets, but this is very marginal and possibly -EV and surely leads towards higher variance which no poker player wants.

Regards,
      burek2000
    • diversfx
      diversfx
      Silver
      Thanks guys I wasn't sure of the MSS cut off so played it like I would SSS.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by diversfx
      Thanks guys I wasn't sure of the MSS cut off so played it like I would SSS.
      You need to take into account that you have a bigger stack with MSS thus you need quite some more equity to profitably go all-in preflop.

Cheers,
      burek2000