Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($7.34)
      Hero ($5.05)
      UTG ($0.95)
      CO ($6.79)
      BTN ($7.23)

Dealt to Hero K:diamond: A:club:

fold, CO raises to $0.15, BTN raises to $0.40, fold, Hero calls $0.35, fold

FLOP ($0.97) A:diamond: A:spade: 9:spade:

Hero checks, BTN bets $0.72, Hero raises to $1.60, BTN calls $0.88

TURN ($4.17) A:diamond: A:spade: 9:spade: Q:diamond:

Hero bets $3.05 (AI), BTN calls $3.05

RIVER ($10.27) A:diamond: A:spade: 9:spade: Q:diamond: 5:heart:

BTN wins $9.59

Player is 26/9/4/0-4bet
      Is 4bet here a must? I know if I call I might invite mp in too but I feel after raising and 3betting my AK is not so in front.
      Flop play is quite obvious, I wanted to pump the pot but my raise was really really bad. Is here raise-shoving or 3x raising flop better?
      (he had QQ)
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello yaxkukmian,

Preflop: The problem with flatting here the 3bet is that we will be OOP, it will be hard to extract value, even if we do hit. And we will never know even if we hit our K or example if we are ahead, might be against AA or even KK and as well when we hit the A or even K, he could still have hands like JJ/QQ which ain't gonna pay us. Therefore I guess I would rather just fold it or 4bet, depending on the opponent. But while he is rather nitty with the PFR, I'd even fold it.

As played
      Postflop: I'd even prefer donking myself on such a flop, although as you decided to Check/Raise then just ship it right on flop. Although might be possible as well to Check/Call and let him continue, or Check/Call and donk the turn. Since sometimes he might fold his overpair here if we do look strong, although not really that often.

Best regards.