This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Bonus Whoring

• Navrark
      Navrark
      Bronze
      Greetings,

I hope this topic is acceptable here at Pokerstrategy.

I was laid off recently so I have been wondering if there is any way that I might make a living off Poker. I would be happy even to make $10-$12 an hour at this point, rather than have to work for idiots again, while waking up 2.5 hours early to get to work on time via the bus. (I don't have a College Education and I was making $17 an hour at my job). If EI offers me the opportunity to pay for me to get an education I will take it.

Anyway, I have begun multi-tabling SNGs, which is something that I have never done before. I was always opposed to multi-tabling, but now that I don't have a job I am feeling like: "F&#k it" it's about time I get over my stubbornness because I only hurt myself. I have been 4 tabling STTs comfortably and actually enjoying doing so. I was very successful at the $3 SNGs I played last year at Pokerstars and I have been playing 4x $1 or $2 SNGs at Full Tilt while clearing a small $20 bonus they just offered me to get active.

I would like to do some "Bonus Whoring" now, which is something I never wanted to do in the past either. I like playing at Full Tilt and have no plans to leave, but who knows I might like a different Pokersite better. What I am asking for is advice for a website where I can deposit $500-$600 and clear a bonus quickly just playing 4x $1-$5 STTs. I see that Titan has a 200% to $600 bonus available, would I be able to clear that bonus playing 4x Micro to Low Stakes SNGs?

I also heard tonight about something called "Kickbacks" that can be had at sites instead of Rakeback.

Pokersite suggestions appreciated,

Thanks

Nav :s_biggrin:
  • 5 replies
    • variancekiller
      variancekiller
      Bronze
      I know PKR is a client where bonus whoring is the easiest. There is a thread about it either in SNG section or in the PKR section not sure. There I explain how to do it!

But just so you know it is impossible to clear the full amount when you are 4 tabling the micro's!

Or you must play 10 hours a day every day.
    • Navrark
      Navrark
      Bronze
      Originally posted by variancekiller
      I know PKR is a client where bonus whoring is the easiest. There is a thread about it either in SNG section or in the PKR section not sure. There I explain how to do it!

But just so you know it is impossible to clear the full amount when you are 4 tabling the micro's!

Or you must play 10 hours a day every day.
      Thanks, PKR is interesting but I don't know if my computer can handle their software and run PT3 at the same time. I will check it out.

I have seen some websites online that list "Clearance Rates" for Bonus Whoring but I'm not sure how up-to-date they are.

I also don't care if I clear the entire bonus. I will start at one site and move up through the stakes as I can afford to.

Thanks!
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      I did a mean bonus whore on william hill a while back.

I was playing the $20+4 jackpot sng, the beauty of these jackpot sng is that you get rakeback of about 50% (in the form of bonus clearing + points) for the entire $4 rake but EV wise you only pay about $2 or $3 rake as they have jackpot+consolation prizes for wins in a row. The consolation prize I worked out as like 1/300 games or something on average so it will even out after a bit.

This means you only pay like $1 rake for a $20 game which is good as.

The lowest jackpot ones are $2 BI
    • Navrark
      Navrark
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bradomurder
      I did a mean bonus whore on william hill a while back.

I was playing the $20+4 jackpot sng, the beauty of these jackpot sng is that you get rakeback of about 50% (in the form of bonus clearing + points) for the entire $4 rake but EV wise you only pay about $2 or $3 rake as they have jackpot+consolation prizes for wins in a row. The consolation prize I worked out as like 1/300 games or something on average so it will even out after a bit.

This means you only pay like $1 rake for a $20 game which is good as.

The lowest jackpot ones are $2 BI
      Thanks for the reply. William Hill has some pretty good offers out there right now according to the PS homepage. I also believe that William Hill's bonuses are easy to clear. I think that Full Tilt is rated as a 40% clear rate which is very high - not that I understand exactly what that means - that is just what I have read during my online travels. But I think I have seen that William Hill is potentially even higher. They don't use Instadebit which I prefer, but I can sign up for MoneyBookers or Neteller as PS has bonuses for signing up with either.

Thanks! :s_biggrin:
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      If you do intend to make a living out of poker, I suggest you learn about how it affects your BRM.