Bonus Whoring

• Navrark
      Navrark
      Bronze
      Greetings,

I hope this topic is acceptable here at Pokerstrategy.

I was laid off recently so I have been wondering if there is any way that I might make a living off Poker. I would be happy even to make $10-$12 an hour at this point, rather than have to work for idiots again, while waking up 2.5 hours early to get to work on time via the bus. (I don't have a College Education and I was making $17 an hour at my job). If EI offers me the opportunity to pay for me to get an education I will take it.

Anyway, I have begun multi-tabling SNGs, which is something that I have never done before. I was always opposed to multi-tabling, but now that I don't have a job I am feeling like: "F&#k it" it's about time I get over my stubbornness because I only hurt myself. I have been 4 tabling STTs comfortably and actually enjoying doing so. I was very successful at the $3 SNGs I played last year at Pokerstars and I have been playing 4x $1 or $2 SNGs at Full Tilt while clearing a small $20 bonus they just offered me to get active.

I would like to do some "Bonus Whoring" now, which is something I never wanted to do in the past either. I like playing at Full Tilt and have no plans to leave, but who knows I might like a different Pokersite better. What I am asking for is advice for a website where I can deposit $500-$600 and clear a bonus quickly just playing 4x $1-$5 STTs. I see that Titan has a 200% to $600 bonus available, would I be able to clear that bonus playing 4x Micro to Low Stakes SNGs?

I also heard tonight about something called "Kickbacks" that can be had at sites instead of Rakeback.

Pokersite suggestions appreciated,

Thanks

Nav :s_biggrin:
  • 5 replies
    • variancekiller
      variancekiller
      Bronze
      I know PKR is a client where bonus whoring is the easiest. There is a thread about it either in SNG section or in the PKR section not sure. There I explain how to do it!

But just so you know it is impossible to clear the full amount when you are 4 tabling the micro's!

Or you must play 10 hours a day every day.
    • Navrark
      Navrark
      Bronze
      Originally posted by variancekiller
      I know PKR is a client where bonus whoring is the easiest. There is a thread about it either in SNG section or in the PKR section not sure. There I explain how to do it!

But just so you know it is impossible to clear the full amount when you are 4 tabling the micro's!

Or you must play 10 hours a day every day.
      Thanks, PKR is interesting but I don't know if my computer can handle their software and run PT3 at the same time. I will check it out.

I have seen some websites online that list "Clearance Rates" for Bonus Whoring but I'm not sure how up-to-date they are.

I also don't care if I clear the entire bonus. I will start at one site and move up through the stakes as I can afford to.

Thanks!
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      I did a mean bonus whore on william hill a while back.

I was playing the $20+4 jackpot sng, the beauty of these jackpot sng is that you get rakeback of about 50% (in the form of bonus clearing + points) for the entire $4 rake but EV wise you only pay about $2 or $3 rake as they have jackpot+consolation prizes for wins in a row. The consolation prize I worked out as like 1/300 games or something on average so it will even out after a bit.

This means you only pay like $1 rake for a $20 game which is good as.

The lowest jackpot ones are $2 BI
    • Navrark
      Navrark
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bradomurder
      I did a mean bonus whore on william hill a while back.

I was playing the $20+4 jackpot sng, the beauty of these jackpot sng is that you get rakeback of about 50% (in the form of bonus clearing + points) for the entire $4 rake but EV wise you only pay about $2 or $3 rake as they have jackpot+consolation prizes for wins in a row. The consolation prize I worked out as like 1/300 games or something on average so it will even out after a bit.

This means you only pay like $1 rake for a $20 game which is good as.

The lowest jackpot ones are $2 BI
      Thanks for the reply. William Hill has some pretty good offers out there right now according to the PS homepage. I also believe that William Hill's bonuses are easy to clear. I think that Full Tilt is rated as a 40% clear rate which is very high - not that I understand exactly what that means - that is just what I have read during my online travels. But I think I have seen that William Hill is potentially even higher. They don't use Instadebit which I prefer, but I can sign up for MoneyBookers or Neteller as PS has bonuses for signing up with either.

Thanks! :s_biggrin:
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      If you do intend to make a living out of poker, I suggest you learn about how it affects your BRM.