This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] extracting more value?

• Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Hey,

After I played this hand I realised I probably could have got a lot more money from it.

Seeing as he folded to my re-raise, the only possible thing calling/shoving there would be an actual flush, or a set he didn't wanna fold.

So would calling have been the best option there? Since if another spade come out I then have the best hand for sure, and he would possibly have a 4 card flush too?

No real read on villian

Thanks dude

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP2:
      $1.60
      MP3:
      $3.73
      CO (Hero):
      $2.71
      BU:
      $2.00
      SB:
      $1.34
      BB:
      $2.11

Preflop: Hero is CO with A, Q.
      MP2 raises to $0.07, MP3 folds, Hero calls $0.07, 3 folds, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.17) A, 5, 8 (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0.13, Hero raises to $0.38, MP2 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.3.
  • 2 replies
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      Depending on Villain's stats you can 3B pre.

You have the 2nd nut flush draw (because he can have the K of spade). So you don't have to protect against flush draws (if he has AKspade you are in bad shape anyway). I would C flop to let him barrel worse A.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Jim4rdo,

Since mostly a lot weaker hands will just fold on flop, then I might even just Call it and maybe he even continues with bluffs or something similar.

Best regards.